Bad Idle at Startup.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Howdy you all, Im going to put up a youtube Video of my car starting for the first time. Each and Every morning its the same thing. Ignore the Open Exhaust as Im redoing the Exhaust System.

Just a little list of Mods.

T76 Turbo
Evo 560cc Injectors
MAFT Pro
Stock Cams
Ron FFIM
Aeromotive FPR set at 40psi Vacuum line off
IS300 coils
Brand New Toyota 7MGTE Manual tranny Wiring Harness... $533

Only other thing that is a little Different is the ISC valve as a Open filter on it unstead on it being routed back into the Air Filter Pipe. Its been like this for Quite some time and Im at my ends with it. Before you ask, I dont have any Engine codes.

Usually when you start these Engine up, The RPMs should go up to 1200 +/- and Gradually decrease from there. On this engine, When you start the Engine the RPMs jump up to around 1200 RPMs and then Instantly drop to 400-500 RPMs and you get this Sputter that doesnt go away until a few minutes have passed. I really want to get this resolved and I know you all can help me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gv66V66XX4

Please give Legit solutions, I know its something that I can live with but Its not right and I want it corrected. If I have to pull that small filter off the ISC and run a line to the Air Filter Tube then so be it.

Thanks for all the Help from the Community.
Robert

Last edited:

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
haha sounds like mine, when it's cold it will run kinda like this. I too am running an open IAC an I blame it to that. Once its warm I have no worries.. What ecu system are you running? stock with what piggy back?

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Im running stock ECU with Maft Pro.

I think I have it figured out but wont know until I get out there and start it up. MAFT Pro has a Afterstart Enrichment and reading the Manual it stated that if your car is running Lean at startup Add Afterstart Enrichment.

My problem is and I thnk that will solve it is it never goes rich when you first start the car, It goes really lean until it finally hits closed loop and then it settles down. Will see what it does shortly.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
There you go, same concept with my map ecu, I usually have to add tps enrichenment to compensate for such issues under start up, a lean idle , post back if it works

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Well got in it and started it up. It sputtered for about 2 Seconds and ran just fine after that. A/F started out at around 16 but moved down to the Low 13s fairly Quick. Now to work out that small Hesitation and I should be good. What does TPS Enrichment Do?