Bad Idle and A/f after a full engine rebuild , Need Help.

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
After a full engine rebuild, the car don’t run well. I’m still working to find the root cause with out luck, so I need some new ideas and suggest to find the Fproblem.

Before the engine rebuild, everything work fine.
Full Engine rebuild: 7MGTE
Stock ECU running with MaftPro with 3 Bar Map
550 RC injectors
Walbro fuel pump with 12v Mod.

Now: Running like Sh…

Vac pressure from: 10 to 12 vac pressure at idle.
RPMS: 600 ~ 750.
Vf voltage: 0.01V
TPS:0.51 V
A/F: 18.0

All injector work
Have spark in all wires.

I already check:
Wiring ECU to sensors
Ground
No error codes.

I already check and pass the test of:
Ignition Coil pack
Ignition wires
Igniter

TPS
Injectors
Injector solenoid resistor
Water tem resistor
ISCV
Fuel pump: 29 psi with vacuum
Cold star injector
Cold star injector Time switch
Water temp sensor
OX2

Replace:
Spark plugs
Fuel Filter
Gasket of the lower, upper Plenum and TB.

The mechanic said that could be a air leak, But I Don’t find any one.

What I did:

Replace some gaskets.
Connect only the hose to the MAP sensor and gauges
Block off break booster hose, blow off and power steering.
Check injector.

With out luck!:cry:

So What can I do? :1zhelp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsjWREu_Qew

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Whats your mainscale at?

Is your ignition and valve timing good for certain?

Some good news though your VF should read .01v if your running speed density, stock o2 unplugged. You are right?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
from your previous post in other threads i think it is a vac leak. hook it up to a smoke machine and find out.

Vf readings indicate open loop or overly rich condition... are you using PTT?

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
dumbo;1325887 said:
Whats your mainscale at?

Is your ignition and valve timing good for certain?

Some good news though your VF should read .01v if your running speed density, stock o2 unplugged. You are right?

Wow thanks for your support :biglaugh:

the timing is perfect, and set to 10

the main scale is set at -20, I already modify and test it with out any good result, so i set at -20.

The stock O2 is plugged, because the ecu run in close loop, and only modify
the fuel curve in opend loop with the maftpro.

Part throttle opcioh disable in the maftpro

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
grimreaper;1325929 said:
from your previous post in other threads i think it is a vac leak. hook it up to a smoke machine and find out.

I think the 18:1 AFR's indicates a lean condition lol, no pun intended:naughty:

BTW edit on my last post I mean PTT, not spd. density sorry.

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
grimreaper;1325929 said:

Can I pressurize with air? is more easy

the PTT is off, so the ecu can control the fuel in close loop.

but if is a vac leak, need to be a big one, because the vac pressure at idle is 10, or a small one can to the problem that i have?

thanks you, now i very desperate :cry:

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
dumbo;1325956 said:
I think the 18:1 AFR's indicates a lean condition lol, no pun intended:naughty:

BTW edit on my last post I mean PTT, not spd. density sorry.

the extrange issue for me, is that the ecu said rish condition (vf=0.01) and the WB 18.0, so get confuse :aigo:

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Ok, than your VF should be reading something. Have you driven the car yet? This is beggining to sound a lot like my car...hmmm. I'm going to follow this thread closely.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Pressurized air and soapy water in a spray bottle will do the trick, but smoke is 100x better, and not a spot of mess either. When you pressurize your system, if you choose to pressurize the turbo too, make sure the turbo doesn't spin dry.

Would you mind trying something? After a lot of f'n around I somehow accidentally landed mine on F-out on EVO/Eclispe and it ran so much better, I just left it there. I was experiencing similar symptoms as yours. It only takes a second if you don't mind?

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
dumbo;1325967 said:
Ok, than your VF should be reading something. Have you driven the car yet? This is beggining to sound a lot like my car...hmmm. I'm going to follow this thread closely.

yes I drive the car, is my DD car :aigo:, and I don't have other :3d_frown: so I can't drive it in that condition.:cry:

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
dumbo;1325978 said:
Would you mind trying something? After a lot of f'n around I somehow accidentally landed mine on F-out on EVO/Eclispe and it ran so much better, I just left it there. I was experiencing similar symptoms as yours. It only takes a second if you don't mind?

What do I need to do? could you explain more detail (like for kid's)? my English is not so good sorry :eek:

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Does it run ok when you drive it? Cruise AFR's, Boost AFR's?

Just select your "F-OUT" to "EVO/ECLISPE" I'm only asking because it takes only a second to do, you do it on your maft box.

Also your certain your valve timing is set properly(timing belt/cam gears)

I can't offer much help as I don't have much experience with my car these days:(, I went PTT after I couldn't get it right, and I eventually got it running/boosting pretty good. I'll leave it to the pro's and follow this thread, and help if I can. Good Luck!!

Edit: You don't know how to set your F-out? Is you maft set up properly if at all?

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
dumbo;1326003 said:
Does it run ok when you drive it? Cruise AFR's, Boost AFR's?

Just select your "F-OUT" to "EVO/ECLISPE" I'm only asking because it takes only a second to do, you do it on your maft box.

Also your certain your valve timing is set properly(timing belt/cam gears)

I can't offer much help as I don't have much experience with my car these days:(, I went PTT after I couldn't get it right, and I eventually got it running/boosting pretty good. I'll leave it to the pro's and follow this thread, and help if I can. Good Luck!!

oh! when i drive it run worst, like run with only work 3 injectors. but all injectors work and also have spark, this is frustrated :aigo:

and no black smoke, but small very toxic :barf:

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
mk3tattoos;1326015 said:
please do the smoke machine for all of us! as soon as i get extra money to spend i am doing it.

The issue is the time to perfom all test :cry: because i use the car to drive to the job :3d_frown:

and I don't know if some shop have the smoke machine here, and to pressurize i need to close the downpie, so i need some steel plate and time to install it and perform the test :aigo:

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
i cant recall anything that effects vac besides a physical condition (leak, or cam timing). Really out of wack shims maybe but not as low as yours..

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
CarlosPTR210;1326028 said:
The issue is the time to perfom all test :cry: because i use the car to drive to the job :3d_frown:

and I don't know if some shop have the smoke machine here, and to pressurize i need to close the downpie, so i need some steel plate and time to install it and perform the test :aigo:

PepBoys usually have smoke machines in the shop, and no you dont need to blockoff your Downpipe.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
try resetting maftpro and resetting the ecu. set the base map again and leave the mainscale at 0. also use VE Table #2. the car should run without a problem, just very rich.
if your o2 sensor is connected and part throttle tracking is disabled, your vf should be fluctuating at some point once the car is warmed up
let us know what the AF ratio is after you do this

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
sneakypete;1326367 said:
try resetting maftpro and resetting the ecu. set the base map again and leave the mainscale at 0. also use VE Table #2. the car should run without a problem, just very rich.
if your o2 sensor is connected and part throttle tracking is disabled, your vf should be fluctuating at some point once the car is warmed up
let us know what the AF ratio is after you do this

ok i'll do it thaks :x: