bad fuel pump

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
hey guys, i posted something about this befor but i had some sensor problems that i needed to address first after i took care of those i still have this problem.....

ok i turn on the car it takes a while to start once it gets warmed up (normal op. temp) the car starts to miss like crazy and stalls out. I ask my uncle whos a mechanic he said it could be my fuel pump... he wants me to check my fuel pressure.....does anybody have any ideas what it could be.....im getting a bunch of random codes but my uncle said its most likely cuz its missing and that the pump is throwing the codes

Thanks, Azem

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
Poodles;1274851 said:
if you're getting codes, start there first...

thats the thing i changed all the problems the codes were giving me and they went away but after the car started to miss like crazy again i got all the codes back

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
water temp sensor, CPS, TPS, IAC valve....i changed all but the TPS because according to my safc its working fine

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
None of those would pop up from a bad fuel pump... CPS (wiring)and TPS looks like a good place to start...

IAC might just need a good cleaning (usually), and the water temp sensor is wiring as well.

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
Poodles;1274969 said:
None of those would pop up from a bad fuel pump... CPS (wiring)and TPS looks like a good place to start...

IAC might just need a good cleaning (usually), and the water temp sensor is wiring as well.

how the hell would i go upon checking the wiring lol..... all the wires in the bay are good if it would be something by the ecu how would i check??

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
JDMMA70;1274994 said:
Just because its connected doesnt mean its getting a signal.

thats not what i mean im just saying i know the wires in my engine bay are not cut in any place or messed up unless they are messed up by the ecu....

and i forgot im getting code 14 ignition also.....thats what im leaning towards

Thanks, Azem

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Man those lower codes in the teens SUCK i had code 11 for the longest time and finally when i replaced all my grounds it went away.

Ignition would be a good place to start.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
djazem1;1275000 said:
thats not what i mean im just saying i know the wires in my engine bay are not cut in any place or messed up unless they are messed up by the ecu....

and i forgot im getting code 14 ignition also.....thats what im leaning towards

Thanks, Azem

Unless the wiring harness is new, you can't know for sure.

Also, if the airgap is off in the CPS, or the sensors/wiring are cracked internally...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
If it runs fine until it gets warmed up and then goes to heck... I'd put my uneducated bet on the coil packs.

*edit*
I've never seen/replaced/had trouble w/ a crank sensor on a 7mgte... lol

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
check the harness for continuity by unplugging the ecu and putting a multimeter lead on the ecu side and then the plug side.

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
i changed the coilpacks twice lol....ill check the wiring...does anyone think it could be the ingnitor

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
i found another thread where the person was having the same problems to the T and they changed the ecu and it solved everything.....im gonna try to barrow my friends ecu today and see what goes on