bad fuel pump?

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
i have been trying to figure out for a min now why i am not getting power to my fuel pump....so i think that the pump is gone cause when i do the fp-+b the pump turns on but it dosent prime it sounds like its leaking so i think that it is not putting out enough pressure. so can some one tell me how do u know if its bad..the car starts up fine but cuts off...but when i rev it it stays on while in rev....any advice..oh i pulled of the main efi relay and it did nt start but ehn i put it in it starts on the first turn so the relay is good. no power to the fuelp pump relay..so any ideas. b4 i go and order an new pump.

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
tsparks01;1248304 said:
i have been trying to figure out for a min now why i am not getting power to my fuel pump....so i think that the pump is gone cause when i do the fp-+b the pump turns on but it dosent prime it sounds like its leaking so i think that it is not putting out enough pressure. so can some one tell me how do u know if its bad..the car starts up fine but cuts off...but when i rev it it stays on while in rev....any advice..oh i pulled of the main efi relay and it did nt start but ehn i put it in it starts on the first turn so the relay is good. no power to the fuelp pump relay..so any ideas. b4 i go and order an new pump.

is there power going to the fp relay at all or is it just not putting any out. to me it sounds like your pump is good based on the +b/fp jumper so i would thinks it your relay as for the priming problem i would check the fuel filter and see where that takes you because thats a cheap fix and if it is your pump i would recommend changing it anyway. but tell me more about your fuel pump relay.