bad egr?

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
is there a way to test my egr? i believe i am hitting fuel cut at 5 points of boost because my egr is bad. my question is is there a way to check or clean my egr or egr valve before i spring the 160 for a new one?

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
double and triple checked for boost leak. spent 100 bucks alone at the yota dealership in new hoses. its not loosing boost, i believe it is hitting fuel cut b/c of the egr is shot and its running super rich. the only thing i have to reference off of when it does it is my boost gauge. idk, its really got me scratching my head. i finally got the egr out (pain in the ass) im just looking for a way to test it or just put a new one in. i have the manual and it tells me how to test it, but of course i dont have any compressed air or suction.

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
ahh i c. ok well if the egr isnt working correctly would it not run very rich? possibly causing pre det? which in turn would ping the knock sensors which in turn would mess with the timing? am i barking up the right tree? idk man. please enlighten me. its so frustrating. ive checked and checked for boost leaks and vacuum line leaks. i know its running rich i can smell it out of the exhaust. and my mpg is pretty bad.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Egr= exhaust gas recirculation. So it's after the turbo has nothing to do with boost. You would get a cel too. Do you have a cel on?