Bad Dreams...

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
So basically, don't think I'm crazy, but every night this week I've been having dreams that involve UFOs. They usually involve me waking up terrified (not sure why, nothing really terrifying happens in the dreams). What I want to know is why am I having dreams about UFOs every night, and how do I get them to stop. I don't normally see anything or hear anything about UFOs to influence me...

Anyway, sorry for looking crazy:aigo:, I just find myself woken up again by this...

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
How vividly do you remember the dreams? Your likely dreaming of UFOs because it is something that scares you. There is many theories on dream science, one of the more prominent theories is that your play out scenarios so if/when they actually happen you will know what to do. The fact that your waking up from them could be a sign of sleep apnea, especially if you have vivid recolections of the dreams for better or worse. The lack of oxygen to your brain can make you "trip" for lack of a better word and your dreams can become far more euphoric or terrifiying. I have sleep apnea and have been meaning to make a thread to raise awareness about it. When I do I will try to remember to send you a link.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Well there are the most recent 2 that I made a special point to remember because my dreams started to have a common theme, and I remember them well.

The one last night I was driving my grandparents explorer at night (no idea why, but its a dream I wont question it too much) and then a spotlight sweeps across the road, then I glance up in the sky and see a UFO there, then wake up suddenly.

The one tonight, I was driving along a back road with no houses during the day, it was winter and it seemed like I was speeding. Then I noticed there was some fire on the side of the road, then I followed it into the woods and there was a crashed UFO there and then I woke up suddenly again. Unfortunately no matter how hard I try I can't remember the contents of the other drams I've had, but its been almost every night this week, and usually I sleep right through the night with no problems.

I guess UFOs could scare me, I've only ever seen one in my dreams or on those TV shows, but thinking about them doesn't make me nervous or anything.

gachax

Oct 16, 2007
Latvia
I would say - don't think about those dreams. The more you think, the more this idea of UFO get's into your brain. If you cannot do that, you might want to investigate and find out that there's no bases for UFO claims and it's complete BS. If you know what is a scientific method, then you can easily get to that conclusion. I mean, maybe it's just the unknown what can scare you in the dreams.
Lewis mentioned that brain can play out scenarios to prepare you for the real events if/when they happen. I remember tv broadcast about that. Apparently children have more nightmares about monsters in woods and vicious animals etc, while grownups have the dreams about our modern life situations, like car crashes, for example. That was explained by evolution, but what it also tells is that our dreams are influenced by our daily lives as our brain is very flexible.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Jeez, now that its daytime and I'm not sleep deprived I feel kind of silly for posting this. Oh well.

@gachax: Thats the thing though, I'm not sure I really believe that UFOs exist (ET UFOs that is), I like to keep an open mind though...

I do like those X-COM games though...

Lovesick Siren

Ice Princess
Sep 30, 2005
Georgia
www.myspace.com
Kangae;1516997 said:
I do like those X-COM games though...

I don't know gamer lingo, but are you saying you play alien-themed video games? Another theory about dreams is that they're simply a replaying of what your subconscious "entertains" itself with during the day; little pieces of information and imagery picked up that don't actually get any real thought given to them. Doing something so visual that involves aliens or UFOs, something where you see picture after picture after picture, is probably the most likely cause for your brain repeating those things to you while you're sleeping.

But I'm certainly no expert.