Bad bike accident tank cam

A

ArthurRitus

that second video is hilarious.
that first video scares the shit outta me. because i want a bike, and i also almost hit a guy on a bike, same thing, he went to pass as i was switching lanes.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
wow. Jenny almost did the same thing today when she was driving kyle's car. She went left a bit to avoid a pot hole while we were in traffic and while she was going left a biker chick was right next to her.

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
The first video is kind of why I prefer riding bikes off road rather than on road. When I'm riding my dirt bike I don't have to worry about semi's cutting me off.

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
It can be pretty sketchy out there on a bike! If your on a bike you can never forget that you are damn near invisible. Riding along side a cage is just asking for it.

As a motorcyclst, a personal thanks to everyone out there who keeps an eye out for us!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Bikers own stupidity.....

This is why we're told not to try and pass 2 cars.

Obviously 15 secs of video wont give me the whole story, maybe it's one of those assholes that like to ride people's asses like they are going to pass but don't have the balls/power to do so.

I still say 100% bikers fault.

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
I don't think it was the biker's fault 100% maybe 50%

I agree he should not have tried to pass two cars at once. But if you watch the road that was the first spot where there was passing alowed, so both vehicals went for it pretty much at the same time. The car driver should have noticed that a motorcycle had just dissapeared from the rear view, but was probably too focused on finding a spot for passing the slow car if front. The biker should have seen the red car's behavior and had some notion that it was going to try for a pass as well.
Thats my take on it, really hard to say with out more video or the bigger picture

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ c'mon... anyone who rides a bike knows you have to drive thinking of the very worste things that could happen at all times. He should have KNOWN that was coming. Just glad to hear he walked away, didn't seem like he was going so fast anyway.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Well having taken Driver's ed less than five years ago, Im pretty sure attempting to pass more than 1 vehicle at a time is illegal.

That right there makes it the bikers fault. I'm not sure he was going to pass more than one car, but if he only passed the car in front of him, he'd be sandwiching himself between the cars. He'd also be cutting off the red car.

I'm saying unfortunate coincidence, but bikers fault.