back seat?

hydroscrog

Sleeper
Sep 29, 2007
South Carolina
I'm a tall guy maybe 6ft so I'm not gonna have any room for anyone to sit in my back seat. I was thinking of removing my back seat to be able to put a 12" sub and a component set in the area that its in to be able to have my targa clips in use. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so could I see some pics.

I was thinking of making a fiberglass box but Im not sure if it would be any heavier than the mdf after its all said and done

hydroscrog

Sleeper
Sep 29, 2007
South Carolina
nice job guy. i was thinking of something close to that did you measure the box volume. how much did that cost all together. i only have one 12 right now so I can make a crazy looking box if space permits

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I've been tempted to do this a number of times. I'm also tall, but every once in a while, I end up having to take the kids somewhere in the Supra, and the back seat gets used. As long as the kids are small enough to fit back there, I'll have to have at least one seat in the back.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
The speakers I used take about 1 cubic foot of space. It was pretty much just guessing.
I treally was'nt that expensive
MDF for the front,top and sides.
Fiberglass and resin and mixing cups
ALOT of rubber gloves
wood screws
speaker box fluff
foam and carpet
about under $100 bux really.
and alot of paitence

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
For a sealed enclosure, you can get away with some play in your box size, but there's a relatively easy way to do it with a 'glass bottom enclosure.

Packing peanuts. Get a 2 cubic foot box full of packing peanuts (Or half full, depending on how big you're measuring.) Dump it into the 'glass portion. Mark where the top is. Then, since you're usually building an MDF box on top of that, measure the height that you need to make your desired enclosure volume and work from there. This allows for a very accurate measure, enough for making a very nice ported box.

supra8903

Jan 12, 2006
Latham, NY
here is mine
p902641_1.jpg

p902641_2.jpg

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
hydroscrog;900171 said:
I'm a tall guy maybe 6ft so I'm not gonna have any room for anyone to sit in my back seat. I was thinking of removing my back seat to be able to put a 12" sub and a component set in the area that its in to be able to have my targa clips in use. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so could I see some pics.

I was thinking of making a fiberglass box but Im not sure if it would be any heavier than the mdf after its all said and done

here is my setup. I took out the back seat and the trunk. hope you like it

p929579_1.jpg