Back again with a continuing problem (alarm system)

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
So I have returned with my alarm system woe's.

It began again yesterday, when I was working on the interior of my car and was actually putting the plastics back on the steering column from 3 months ago when I did the alarm deactivation. (Ground Blue-Yellow Wire from TDS Computer to Steering column)

That actually did not do the trick and I was still stumped, so I pulled my fusebox and had a completely blown fusible link. I replaced that and all was healthy for 3 months.

Yesterday, after reinstalling the plastics and taking the car for a quick ride to warm it up and check oil levels it stalled out at a stop sign and only the hazards would work. I dangled some magic dust on the fusebox and on the grounded alarm system wire and bang dome lights come on and ready to go. Get back to my house pull in stalls out and done for cant get anything going. One problem that I have no been too concerned about is my radio not working, the radio 1 fuse (15 A) I believe blows whenever I put it into the fusebox. I'm not sure if there is a short at the radio or if this can even be involved with the theft deterrent system at all.

Thanks for consideration.

EDIT: I dont recall what amperage fuse I used in the fusible link that I installed. I couldn't get an OEM one so I bought one with a mini fusebox on it

EDIT: Is there a trick to get power to the driver seat so I have some room to work in that hell hole?

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The factory anti-theft and alarm won't cause a stall. It interupts the crank signal, so the starter won't turn.

Do you have the factory EWD for your year? I don't have it in front of me for any year. The alarm is deactivated by putting the key in the driver door and cycling the key. That will signal the theft deterent computer, allowing the car to crank.

But back to the first part. That doesn't cause a stall. A burnt fusable link from a direct ground will cause a stall.