B+ wire wont fit onto new alternator

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
i've been searching around the site now all morning and cant find anything about this. my B+ wire wont fit over the little stud thing. everything else fits though. its an 80 amp alternator and i was told it was specifically for my car, an 87 turbo. my friend said not to try and modify anything to make it fit. i just needed to know if anyone else has had this problem and could possibly help. and did they have to modify theirs. thanks for listening.:cry:

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
When I did a turbo swap to my car that wire didnt fit over the stud. I just ground the inside of it out to make it fit. Then a few days later the alternator died so I replaced it with an N/A alternator and the opening was way too big for the N/A alternators stud. So I'm guessing you had a 70 amp nonturbo alternator on it.

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
so i guess i shouldnt do that then. i think i should just get a 70 amp. that means more downtime for my car. was your alternator brand new or did it come on the engine?

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I bought the engine with the alternator so it was a high mileage one. I couldn't find a place that had any turbo alternators in stock so I just put a nonturbo one in it. just grind out the center of it and it should work just fine