Axle Spline Count

X

Xxn000nxX

Yes i am a newbie, this is my first post but i have exhausted my search here, on google and other supra forums. Im simply looking for the spline count on rear axle where it goes into the hub and possibly the length of the splines portion. thanks for any help you can give.

X

Xxn000nxX

come on guys someone have got to have an old axle out, or know the spline count please :1zhelp:

any help is greatly appreciated!

Xtreme

May 23, 2005
Lebanon, OR
If I recall, they are the same as the Toyota Pickup 8 inch rear end, which was 29, I think. But info on the Pickup should be easy to find. I know we can use our LSDs in the pickup, as a direct bolt in

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
this may or may not help

http://www.mkiiitech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40&highlight=spline

and from supraforums:

You're wondering the same thing as me.

There are actually 3 different 8" truck rears though. The 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and high pinion units are all different. Obviously, we can't use high pinion stuff, unless someone wants 5 reverse gears for some odd reason, but the 4 and 6 cylinder units are apparently not interchangeable in the different center sections even though the axles are splined the same (30 spline).

The ring and pinion sets are different between the 4 and 6 cylinder models as well. Wich gears were you referring to on mk3 tech? Everything I have seen regarding the fitment of 8" bits to the mk3 rear doesn't specify wich 8". Has anyone tried this?

X

Xxn000nxX

Xtreme said:
If I recall, they are the same as the Toyota Pickup 8 inch rear end, which was 29, I think. But info on the Pickup should be easy to find. I know we can use our LSDs in the pickup, as a direct bolt in

see im not interested in the driveshaft spline or yolk, im talking about the spline count on the rear axles, where it goes into the rear hub u know the part that the rear wheels bolt too,

thanks for the help so far guys

edit: im talking about the top part of this axle in the picture:

605119.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xxn000nxX

please guys someone has got to have an axle kicking around. help this poor old man.