Available Mech in Nassau County ,NY??

mistermatt516

May 13, 2005
Long Island
Hi all....
Very new to this board...I've looked around and dont see if there is a special place to move this to. If there is I will be glad to move it. I am looking for a decent Supra mech (either from this board or not) to change the intake manifold gaskets for me...
I accessed a repair manual online and it looks like there is a gasket against the block as well as one to the intake?

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/em/EM_32.html

Im leaking boost from down there somewhere. I would do it myself but I'm here in Houston Texas for school....and wont be back in NY until November. My plan is to have the gaskets fixed so a freind of mine can drive the car down here for me.

The car also needs the speedometer fixed...I assume it is the cable. Its a 1988 mk3 . Id prefer someone who is familar with these cars especially.

thanks and again...if there is a better place to post this id most appreciate it.
Peace
Matt
mistermatt516@yahoo.com

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Tell you what, I will leave a redirect in General Discussions but put this in the Northeast Region for you :)
I am also in NY State but near the capital, not the NYC region (where I think you are).

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
mistermatt516 said:
Hi all....
I accessed a repair manual online and it looks like there is a gasket against the block as well as one to the intake?

The car also needs the speedometer fixed...I assume it is the cable. Its a 1988 mk3 . Id prefer someone who is familar with these cars especially.

Yeah there are upper and lower gaskets for the two serperate pieces of the intake manifold. It's not really that bad. The biggest pain in the ass for me was trying to get the f'n egr back on the manifold.

I might be willing to make a trip out with another guy to help out with it. I'll be back in nassau county on break from school from the 22nd to mid august. (Then it's back to Georgia for me and the supe) Keep in mind i am not a mechanic but i have been through the top half of this engine on a few occasions.