Aux output wiring

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
I'm hoping some one is willing to draw me a diagram or explain to me how to wire up an electric fan to one the aux outputs on the stinger. I thought that I thought I had it right according to the stinger diagram, but I guess not. Thanks

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
all you should need to do is take the ground wire (black) from the fans run it to the stinger then setup your engine temp activated relay control for whichever aux # u chose...set the temp and if u calibrated your water temp sensor correctly they will come on

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
Yeah I was digging around today and found out that the stinger outputs are grounds. I thought that they were powers. So I rewired it and nothing, my output for the idle air control valve works now. All I get with the fans are a buzzing noise. Now this is what really puzzles me. I check it with a multimeter and I have power and ground until I hook up a device then the ground goes away. Unhook the device and the ground comes back. I tried a couple of my outputs and they do the same thing and tried just using a fog light and still nothing. I have all the outputs for the fan to come on a 3 degrees farenheit.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
You need to remember that the current drawn by the fan is much more than the Stinger will allow. I think each output is 1.5amps or something. So you need to wire in a relay to make this work.

Something like this will work.
-Pin 30 (30 amp inline fuse) to Battery
-Pin 87 to fan power side
-Pin 85 to Stinger Aux Output
-Pin 86 to switched 12volt power

Ground the fan to a good ground.

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
10secdream;1339487 said:
You need to remember that the current drawn by the fan is much more than the Stinger will allow. I think each output is 1.5amps or something. So you need to wire in a relay to make this work.

Something like this will work.
-Pin 30 (30 amp inline fuse) to Battery
-Pin 87 to fan power side
-Pin 85 to Stinger Aux Output
-Pin 86 to switched 12volt power

Ground the fan to a good ground.

Yeah, I've been picking up some of these steps as a go along. I tryed the relay and it didn't work, but I think I may have been missing a step, so I'll try it again.

On to a problem that I was having with while trying to figure this out. Not sure if this is what should happen or not, but with the output turned on and a multimeter I get ~13 volts. Once I turn the output off I end up with ~9 volts. Just be clear I have a 1JZ with a plug in harness adaptor from aaron.