Automatic Trans Solenoid question

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Honestly, if mine tested fine I would have put them back on and tracked down the issue.

If you're planning on modding the car more than moderately or prefer 5spd I would have preferred to have put the money towards the swap or something else, food or rent or something :icon_razz

It kind of sounds like you're trying to justify the purchase...lol.

Anyways, hope you find the issue.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
[hijack]

MK3pizzadriver;1404983 said:
...since I'll be beating the snot out of it delivering pizza...

You'd better have a commercial policy on your Supra, because you void any personal auto policy you have by delivering pizza.

[/hijack]

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
deabionni;1405074 said:
[hijack]

You'd better have a commercial policy on your Supra, because you void any personal auto policy you have by delivering pizza.

[/hijack]

Very true i delivered pizza's in my old mk3 for awhile and i had to change my policy. Cause i had it under a pleasure Vehicle policy. :3d_frown::3d_frown:

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
I recently replaced solenoid #1 on my tranny and it fixed the problem I was having with shifting. I was not getting 1st or 2nd most of the time. Could get 2nd if I put it in low gear. With ECT unplugged I could get 1st in low and it would jump to 3rd in D. So I knew the tranny itself was ok before I bought a new one.

And I was also getting an error code for Solenoid #1. I also tested it according to the TSRM and it clicked but was a little low on the resistance.

Hopefully this fixes your problem. Its a lot easier to change out a solenoid than to replace the tranny!!

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
I cant tell you which valve is the one directly responsible but the valves inside your valve body are sticking. Once the fluid warms up it frees them up so they operate normally. When they cool down again the varnish sticks them in position again.