AutoFair--Spring 2006--Charlotte.......

Marblehead

Unchained
Mar 2, 2006
Charlotte, NC
UPDATE: WE HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED 15 SPOTS AS OF MARCH 6 2006.

Well boys and girls, the time is here again for the Food Lion AutoFair held each spring and fall at Lowes Motorspeedway in Charlotte, NC. This spring the event is being held 6-9 April 2006.

Last spring was the inaugural event for Supra's displaying at the show. The spring event is by far the largest of the two. Expect over 50 car clubs displaying all types of cars, 2,000 cars for trade or sale along the midway, 15,000 vendors, car auction and many other automotive events.

The club name as been updated to reflect the new districts within our region of the country. The new name we will display under is Mid-Atlantic Supra Club. We have been invited to display both Saturday and Sunday, 8-9 April and allocated 10 spots for each day. However, I have requested for Saturday participation only due to limited interest for Sunday during the previous two shows.

Additional info. The show is for ANY and ALL generation Supras. If it says "Supra" on the back it qualifies for the show. I love to see variety. It's the spice of life! This show is FREE FREE FREE to anyone wanting to display. Each attendee will receive one car pass for access to the display area and two people passes. Each participant receives a Food Lion AutoFair dash plaque and is elligible for judging within the club. Each club receives complimentary trophies based upon the number of cars on display. We have 10 cars which translates into 2 trophies PLUS 1 "Best of Show" trophy, a total of 3. All are free! The past two shows the trophies have been EXTREMELY nice and top quality! The trophies this year are: "Best of Show", "Second Place", "Third Place". Watch this space for more info.

More info:

http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/h...le/cat_id,41036

Also, do a search on here for all the info from the spring and fall AutoFair of 2005.

I am currently taking reservations for the open spots. Please post here, send me a PM or email with you name, user name and which forum it's from and the year Supra you will be displaying. My email: scottham (at) softplay.com

Also, anyone who has attended past events, please give me your thoughts and opinions on how we could improve our presence at the show or you thoughts on one day or both days.

Current attendees:
1. Scott H. - Marblehead - '93 TT
2. Mike W. - MWebber - '85 7MGTE
3. Greg L. - SupraGreg - '93
4. Mitchell C. - mk2spyder - '87 single
5. Mike G. - Olsupraguy - '84
6. Drago B. - rushsupra - '96 Wiiiiide-body
7. Brendan E. - DADSPRA85 - '85
8. Mike S - twinturbo33 - '97 TT
9. Chris R. - Squid669 - '89 T
10. Matt M. - Nocheez - '92 T
11. Jody C. - SuprasMaximus - '93
12. Cee-Jay H. - Muchbzy - '86 6MGTE
13. Chris T. - kurisu - 89 tt
14. - Slicksupra - '94
15. Roman A. - ravan17 - '95 NA-t

You mean you forgot cranberries too?
Scott

Last edited:

Marblehead

Unchained
Mar 2, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Attendee list updated. Attendance is going strong. Anyone interested in attending the show please post or send me a pm. With continued interest and rising numbers I will be requesting more spots.

Marblehead

Unchained
Mar 2, 2006
Charlotte, NC
If anybody else is sitting on the fence, come on and sign up. This is a huge show and a great one to boot. Almost every make of car club shows up. Even the Opel GT club shows, when they can get enough of them running. The Corvairs will be there even if they have to push them in. The Big name vendors will be their like JEGS, Honest Charlies, Eastwood, and plenty of others, although there will be little if anything directly specific to our cars. You can do an all day steady walk and still not see it all. The infield and back field is filled with vendors and special displays. The Pit Row area and much of the front straight away and the pedestrian way in front of the front grandstands is filled with car clubs and car classes. The unaffiliated individual car displays stretch around most of the rest of the track. The 2 pit shop buildings usually have exotic or special vehicles in one and special demo/trade show booths in the other. Plent of on site food and drink. Site maps and vendor lists are free if you can find the sponsor tent in the back left corner of the infield. If you like cars old & new, stock, custom and exotic, you will love this show. The $10.00 admission is cheap, but if you are displaying with the club, you get in free.