Auto-Xing

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
i've known about the lug, but they never mention it at any of the auto-x's. i just retorque the other ones and it's fine. Everytime i torque that one lug (i've marked it to make sure its the same one), it's gone the next time i check :shrug: . It's just that, in hindsight, i figured that tech would be a little more strict at nationals.

EDIT: at the last auto-x, i laughed because one guy was saying that some guy in a fiero shouldn't be running because he broke a lug torqueing on his track wheels.
"I can't believe he's running; that car's dangerous"
"How do you mean?"
"He broke one of his lugs putting on his track wheels"
"yeah? so? I've been missing a lug for a year"
"...."

Last edited:

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
i did a little googling and the general idea is that the Flex's are good for a DD/autocrosser without killing your ride, and are more comfortable than the HA's (i guess you'd call my ride rough, but it doesnt bother me; just personal preference, but i sacrifice comfort, even on a daily basis, for something that handles this nicely)

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
i used to auto-x a bunch with my old 87. i havnt had a chance to push the 91 hard yet.

but heres a few pics of the old 87 in action.

p640833_1.jpg

p640833_2.jpg

p640833_3.jpg

p640833_4.jpg

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Sooo, I chased my buddy in his MR-2 through the local touge today, had a fuckin blast.......until he blew his strut (he didn't wreck, just had an interesting drive home).
Anybody have any experience with Koni's? His struts are a week old today, and now pop. Oil all over wheel well, and the shock internals are now shock externals. Observe.

100_3312.JPG

So, anyone have experience with koni's? love/hate?
For the moment, I might recommend against koni's, but I myself have never had them, so.....discuss.