Auto Transmission Issue A340e

7M Brew Co

Mar 23, 2009
El Paso, TX
I've noticed a hesitation when my car is shifting from 1st to 2nd gear while at WOT. The car will accelerate like normal and when it gets to the top of 1st gear you can hear it as if its about to shift. Then it just hesitates for a sec or so. If I keep the pedal to the floor when it goes to second the gear catches really hard and the tires have lost traction a few times and busted into a burn out. I'm currently deployed right now for the next couple of months so my options are limited as far as checking it. Has anyone had a issue similar to this with their car? It's a 1987 Turbo. Only mods are full 3" exhaust from turbo back and a K&N. Thanks.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Make sure the fluid is good to go first. Fresh fluid and proper level. Fluid level is checked hot only. The cold level is for refrence to get you close. The correct when warm. At higher throttle you have higher line pressure. That makes it shift harder and faster. It is supposed to work that way. I don't know if you really have wear or not, I haven't driven it. Part throttle and full throttel shifts are noticably different when working normal.

7M Brew Co

Mar 23, 2009
El Paso, TX
Thanks for the Info. The fluid in it was good the last time I checked it. I already bought a r154 and the stuff to do the swap so I say screw the a340 for now. Thanks :-D