Auto trans issues, need some help :)

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
^ 2 speed power glide baby! lol...but I'm not sure if years matter. My car is a 90, the trans if from a pre89. So doesn't that make a difference??

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I didn't watch all of your video (you took too long). At 3:11 in you are going 70 mph in direct, and you took off in direct. Solenoid number number being off and number 2 on gives you direct. Maybe number 1 is not plugged in. Maybe your harness is bad inside or outside, leading to one staying off, and number 2 staying powered up. Unless you are shifting into O/D later in your video. But I saw no upshift when the conditions were met.

B_JAY

Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
You should test the solonoids and wiring.
Continuity test with multimeter from the auto computer plugs to the transmission
If you have extra solonoids try swapping one in and make sure everything inside the sump is connected properly (if you haven't already)

But you removed the ect so the above shouldnt matter....
Linkage will make a difference, but if you can count all gear positions using the shifter you should be okay...
I feel your pain, breaking 2 of these and endless problems with a third..
The 3rd had a very similar problem (no 1st no o/d just 3rd and 2nd in L)
I found burnt out wiring behind the ecu and assume it was the problem, but this was during part out

Last edited:

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Does not matter if the solenoids are plugged in or not... In L you should have 1st gear, 2nd you should be in 3rd gear and D you should be in overdrive (4th)

There is an issue with the valve body. I have another one almost ready.

Thanks