Auto shop

DeadlyWrenches

Jan 9, 2010
CT
I've been working at an independent repair shop for about 8 months now and I've been collecting old parts in the name of research. I just thought you people would appreciate this.

This came from a 93 camry with 196K miles. Water pump was very worn, not seized but the bearing was like an old roller skate. I've never seen a snapped timing belt until I had to fix this car. New belt and pump, and she fired right up.

p1488051_1.jpg

This next specimen came from a 2000 xterra with 167K miles. Car came in as a no start, had a camshaft position sensor code. I don't know what caused the belt to shear. A new belt was all it needed.

p1488051_2.jpg

Next up is from a mid 90's accord with 210K miles. Car came in wanting a full stainless steel exhaust from the head back.

p1488051_3.jpg

And last but certainly not least, this gem came from a 2001 subaru legacy with only 60K miles. Needed a passenger side drive axle. I had this sucker under a 20 ton press OVERNIGHT and the bitch would NOT budge. Let this be a lesson to ANYONE who thinks they can pop drive axles out of any car no questions asked. Had to replace the entire passenger side spindle, hub bearing, axle and lower ball joint. This job right here made me say FUCK THIS SHIT.

p1488051_4.jpg

I have many more that I will post if I get a good response from you people. So POST WHAT YOU GOT!!