Aussie MKIII chitchat! (all welcome) NWS

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Well I bought some new cams and some other random bits,

I sanded some brackets which are now in undercoatm, and, well, thats about it. I've got a few more interstate trips coming which puts further spanners in the works.

Next big step will either be the head being completed or the engine bay having all the holes filled and seams cleaned up.

I dont think my car will be running by the end of the year as originally planned

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
lol dan theres always draw backs.........took my car for a drive up an down the rd I noticed I had a chip in the windscreen driving along and wammo a massive split!!! regardless exhaust is finshed and sealed up, just need to spray body deadner under chassis rails, paint body, tyres then off to get inspected.

pato

need more powa
Dec 24, 2007
Newcastle
p1302654_1.jpg

bout freakin time =]

fatboy13

Apr 17, 2007
Australia
Im back... just in case anyone actually missed me?!?!

Lots of work being done on the car atm... lol goodbye all my savings.... hello new motor (again), diff, brakes, oil cooler kit, plus lots and lots more

pato

need more powa
Dec 24, 2007
Newcastle
yea the turbos on
finished it last wednesday.

just been swamped with uni work and stuff atm
had to catch up on all the work i missed by spending all my time on the car :p

what a difference aye.
soooooooooooooo much nicer to drive now :)

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
fatboy13;1312227 said:
Im back... just in case anyone actually missed me?!?!

Lots of work being done on the car atm... lol goodbye all my savings.... hello new motor (again), diff, brakes, oil cooler kit, plus lots and lots more

Welcome back!

Got pics?

fatboy13

Apr 17, 2007
Australia
hks_trd;1312276 said:
Welcome back!

Got pics?

So had a look at the turbos last night.... they have HKS stamped on the front housings... Garret tags on the middle bit...

But other than a set of flange adaptors for the exhaust manifolds, they use the stock intake piping from the 1J and have my old dumps fitted up to them now... no shaft play and they are def ball bearing:D plus they have braided oil lines now as well...

plus the rear housings are still rather small... they are def bigger than stockies though

Pics up later today but you cant see much... What turbos do they sound like people cos I though 25/30s were bigger and would have different intake piping??

Thoughts?

EDIT: so apparently they are looking more and more like HKS T3Gs... going to have a look tonight hopefully... also they are apparently ball bearing meaning they would be rebuilt:D

Last edited: