attempted kill of c5

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Me and boostinsupragirl(she was driving) went and cruised some of the central connecticut meet areas. we met up with 2 other sm members tony(forget forum name) and slow66(whose drag car is FUCKING NUTS). chilled and cruised with them a bit. on the way home, we spot this c5 just cruising, blow off next to it and it doesnt think anything of us. we get past the 3 or so cars in the way, and make it to the highway, cruising at 60 next to eachother. we hear him downshift, and honk once, twice, third and then take off. at the 3rd honk, we downshifted into third and take off. the vette gets the initial jump and we end up loosing by only 3 cars.

Vette- stock, non zo6, std

boostin's supra- 3in DP to stockish catback w/ stock cat, stage 2 clutch, cone filter, rebuilt motor, and BOV. we only hit just under 8psi, and she shifted at 5000 rpm.

not bad for only 8psi

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
my older brothers supra(RIP), with a mild build made 540hp at the wheels on stock turbo and upgraded 60-2(i think) wheel. he used to eat those c5 up like nothing.

oh yea...and lots of booost:naughty:

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
I never dyno'd but my old 88 with the 60-1, dp, exhaust, upper IC hard pipe, shimmed to 10psi used to eat stock C5s for breakfast lunch and dinner, and ran a few modded ones as well. You'll do better next time. Get more mods!

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I drove my Uncles C5 coupe today...scared the fucking shit out of me. I wasn't expecting it because his mods aren't that extensive. It has LG long tubes, Corsa cat back and high flow cats, balance/blueprinted LS1, Vararam intake and there was something else but I forget right now.

I went to pass a car (already going 120 km/h) so I shifted to 3rd and completely lost traction and it kicked out a little sideways until the active handling kicked in a shut off power. I really didn't expect that to happen, especially at that speed. It will lose traction at any RPM in 1st or 2nd gear and this is with 295 BFG tires.

This thing would kick the shit out of my car without even trying hard. I would never look down on a C5 until you know exactly what's done to it.

jblaze

"Always the underdog"
Apr 14, 2006
Baltimore, Md
I raced a C5 Corvette, too. We went from a 20mph roll (his choice). I instantly got a car and a half on him and was stretching it out to 3 cars in 3rd. That's when I let off. I have a JZA70 that is BPU'd. It's pretty quick. I a just playling around until the single goes on (S00N)!

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Hey what goodies you gonna order this weekend just wondering???:aigo: Hey i smoked a 07 vette twice on wednsday its on the kil section, couple of more mods and that c5 will bite the dust good luck.... :evil2:

Hey are the new o7 non zo6 vette c6 or c5?