Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
i fricken hate this...

"it cant be called a christmas tree, its a holiday tree"
"we cant say merry christmas.. we have to say happy holidays"

fuckin a!

90 percent of the USA identifies as christians...

why cant we just leave it like it is...

DISCUSS

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Only thing that really bugs me with all this Political Correctness crap is it doesn't apply to the other side!

THEY can say/do whatever they want!
("they" being whatever religious group, gender, minority, sexual preference, or gay whales that feels persecuted)

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
idc what they say. telling me that this is what we have to call it now makes me say the complete opposite just because. screw them MERRY FUCKIN CHRISTMAS, and decorate your christmas trees everyone :)

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Eh its all about media and people whining... what the media tells is us what we think we have to do. i say merry effin christmas and the hell wit anyone who is offended... i wont change my beliefs because everyone else is.. eff the media... dont be another american idiot. by the way i cant wait to get my kwanza tree haha

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Holiday tree?? What other religions have a tradition where you get a pine tree and put plastic decorations on it...?

-J

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I've never heard anyone ever call it a Holiday Tree, and I never will.

We do "officially" call the Christmas party at work a Holiday Party, but nobody actually calls it that except on the official invitiation, lol.

Merry Christmas! :)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
This is another case of people being too touchy and sensitive.

..and others being too accomodating, appeasing the whiny a-holes in our country.

Calling it a Christmas Tree is not hurting or discriminating against anyone.

Sometimes I hate people.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Yeh i really dont care about this.. Never have.

It sucks though for the little kids in this nation. My mom teaches kindergarden and she tells me how they used to get complaints from all the little kids' moms who didnt celebrate "the holidays" that are tradition here. They had to change everything and now Christmas break is Winter break (not to picky), but some traditional holiday celebrations have been droped.

Screw whinners! Merry Christmas (month early)!!

SnowMongoose

May 20, 2005
Bellingham, WA
what, the fact that some people have a problem with pledging allegiance to a god they dont worship, or even think is real?

fuck their rights, why should they demand to abstain from something like that?

Xmas stuff is part of an overly PC way of life, but the pledge, thats pretty clean cut.
Hell, you shouldnt even be concerned about it, afaik, they arent planning on taking your precious god out of it.

Maroon88

I collect BHG's
May 3, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
All these people that want us to be politically correct just sucks. I am not religeous but I have no problem with the pledge or Christmas. Besides, when was the last time you saw Santa or a Christmas tree in a Nativity scene? I don't think Santa was one of the Three Wise Men. The Christmas Hoiday is made up of more than the birth of Christ, it includes quite a few traditions from many European countries. These people who want to take the Christmas out of Christmas need to get a grip, prefferably around their necks and squeeze.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
This has been beaten into the ground so much but it still makes me mad when I hear "happy holidays". I even make it a point to never write "x-mas" cause Christmas is nothing without Christ. And yes we have alot of traditions that stemmed from European countires but the reason for Christmas is the birth of Jesus.

Oh yea, political correctness is a "movement purposefully created by liberals as an obstacle to truth"- Rush Limbaugh

Oh yea and The ACLU can die die die.

7MGTEJoe

Mar 31, 2005
Salinas, CA
I think Christmas is is threatened more by the commercialization of it than what some people want to call it. How much time do you spend running around buying presents and stressing over social obligations and how much time do you spend in reflection of the birth of Jesus and what that truly means?

I like Christmas but I hate the holiday season. People are short tempered, rude and nasty then they talk about brotherly love.:nono:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
On a side not but keeping with the "Attack on Christmas" theme just heard on the news the big department stores aren't going to allow "Wishing Trees" this year in fear that suspect parcels will be left....

A few of our welfare/charity groups will be hit hard by this as they distribute the gifts to the needy.

Looks like we here in Australia have caught up with the world climate.