ATI Super Damper™ Harmonic Dampers?????

DL.

Fast
Sep 12, 2005
SE Wisconsin
Of you guys that already have one, are any of you running a crank trigger for your stand alones? Are you using a missing tooth type or a magnet set-up? Will ATI make that as part of the dampner or do you have a bolt on one?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
DL.;955052 said:
Of you guys that already have one, are any of you running a crank trigger for your stand alones? Are you using a missing tooth type or a magnet set-up? Will ATI make that as part of the dampner or do you have a bolt on one?

Oh ati will gladly make one. Cost is EXTRA though.

I run a 60-2 tooth. Duane runs the same.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
upgradedsupra;953013 said:
Mine is rated for over 800RWHP/1000crank. The stock ATI off the shelf unit is rated at 500 crank. The pulley would have to be inspected each year if you are going over the above ratings.

Duane

Duane - all the 3 pully ones I have say 600 hp right on the box. But they rate them as sustained hp. I think most 7m's would be fine with the off the shelf unit since no one but a few (cough cough) will ever see more than 600 hp for more than a few moments.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
suprarich;957453 said:
Duane - all the 3 pully ones I have say 600 hp right on the box. But they rate them as sustained hp. I think most 7m's would be fine with the off the shelf unit since no one but a few (cough cough) will ever see more than 600 hp for more than a few moments.

Rich

I was in close communication with the engineer that desinged that pulley. Believe me, it is 500. Basically for every inch od add 100 hp. I think the ATI one is 5.5" so that is about 550 hp.

btw a general note for EVERYONE. To keep sfi certification 18-1 requires that the damper be inspected yearly! This is regardless of hp made.