At the slightest touch of the brakes, the radio dies...

91TurboSilver

May 5, 2010
WV
When I press the brake pedal the stereo quits for a split second. The headlights flicker way down and the cluster lights dim ect. When I apply constant break pressure all is well. If I let off the pedal and hit it over an over again the stereo cuts out and the lights flicker. So far I have checked cleaned and tightened, the battery charging wires, the fuses, and most of the electrical connections. I am wondering If maybe a there is a short in the stereo causing the issue. I have a 91 turbo with the factory power amp. I can hear the motor whine thru the speakers and the factory cd player only plays thru one side. The radio plays as normal. I am very glad she's running good again but this is driving me crazy any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

91TurboSilver

May 5, 2010
WV
I checked the battery wires, the strap going to the coil packs, and the one back on the fire wall above the heat shield. I am going to get out the voltmeter and start doing continuity testing later, am I missing any other ground wires? After testing it some last night, it does it more with the stereo on but the flicker is still there when its off...