As of today how much did you spend on your supra and any regrets?

novaboy009

Aug 13, 2007
Pittsburgh
Alright, I'll play.

$1200.... Supra
$100...... TPS
$50........ Hood shocks
$40........ Bondo, Sand paper, Rattle Can, Pin Stripe
$20.........Air Intake
$260.......Exhaust w/ cat
$280.......Mustang Wheels w/ tires
$50.........Knock sensor rewire
-----
$2100 Swooo..... that's rough.

Kev

bapmk3

Nov 15, 2007
utah
yeah i bought mine for 900 and im close to 2 grand for everything including the car, and ive olny owned it for 2 weeks.

obx headers
custom 3in mid section
skunk2 can
jdm shift knob
rims (used) 18's
tyres

i pay for everything in cash also, when i use credit i loose track and get into it too deep

StevO9389

one wheel peeler
Nov 13, 2007
Clearwater
just a hair over 9K. bought it for 4k and spent the rest replacing motors and radiators from 2BHGs and 1 thrown rod. what i learned was not to buy from used car lots in Tampa or have them fixed there, i do all my own work from now on. the car was supposed to be a DD but i only put on 20k miles since '02 b/c of down time. the comfort and appearance just barely makes me not regret the money i wasted on crooked dealers/shops.

Last edited:

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
I look as my supra as an investment. i entered an auto class at BOCES here in westchester and firgured that out of all the money i spent, i leanred more about cars with the supra than 2 years of schooling.

under 6 thousand though, and worth it for every penny.

I could barley get a stock civic for that price!

And i refuse to ever get in debt. PERIOD.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
Car-700 with bhg
Parts to fix bhg-350
mustang wheels-100
new tire-300
3" exhaust/down pipe-300
K&N intake-free

so about-1800 but the car is noware new finished needs a paint job,new shocks and springs,and replace all the ball joints,bushings, and tierods then i might be happy

rudegirl

''Blue Magic''
Jan 17, 2007
north carolina
i dont know,ive spent more before i came to this site. but being on this site has helped me out alot thanks to u guys. but lets just say ive spent more than 2gs on my car but ive had the same supra for 11 years.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
rudegirl said:
i dont know,ive spent more before i came to this site. but being on this site has helped me out alot thanks to u guys. but lets just say ive spent more than 2gs on my car but ive had the same supra for 11 years.

You sir, are very lucky.

TurboToy-R

Apr 30, 2007
Duncan BC
Well, car cost me 7500cnd (which i thought was a smokin deal for a 1990 JMD TT 1jz, mint cond. and 71,000km) only bought an alarm and an exhaust so far. So I am at:
~8700cnd
I do not regret a moment of it, I love my car, as it sits in my garage for the winter, I am COUNTING the days until the sun shines again and I can cruise the wonderful county roads again *starts to daydream*

I still say its beats paying out 30k for a new car that falls 40% value the minute you drive it off the lot, and its certainly one of a kind, and how can you put a price on something you enjoy, put your own love and effort into, and last but not least, puts a smile on your face when everything goes well and makes you forget about the stresses of life. So until I hit the 30k mark, I will outfit my car as I see fit and enjoy life with my supra.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
I've probably spent close to $50,000 over the past 12 years on my supra..... that's not even a joke, could be higher actually.

That includes going through 4 engines and 3 auto transmissions in 5 years and paying full rebuild price at a shop to do the work (ya I was stupid and beat the hell out of this car in my teenage years and my parents always fixed it even though they made me pay for part of it everything something blew up).

Lately I've spent about $4-5k just restoring it like leather seats, the new tail lights, replacing lots of trim and original parts, etc... another $5k or so in performance parts and another $3k buying parts not yet on the vehicle, and I plan to put another $5-7k in just body work next year + another rebuild engine.

Do I regret it now? Yes I guess you could say so, looking back it's been a money pit from day one and has cost me and my parents a lot of money that could have gone to better uses. But I am where I am and I still love my car and would never sell it, too many good memories. I could buy a cleaner shell and start over that way, but I'm too stubborn and determined to keep this one ;)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I've spent 4500 to date.

That includes my tranny rebuild (850 bucks, ouch). So if my tranny would have been in good shape when i bought the car, I'd be at about 3600 for a near excellent condition N/A targa with no known mechanical flaws so far..... but my mileage is a little high.... :D

I tallied all the receipts given to me with the car and this car has consumed $50,000 of its various owner's money. :) Of course, thats not adjusted for inflation and includes the original sales price of 25k or something.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
800 89 auto
50 cleaning the mold out of the car b/c of no targa for over a year
100 ecu
1200 engine rebuild
350 cutsom 3'' exhaust
100 3'' used elbow
500 r154
300 clutch stuff
800+ for some rims
300 SAFC 2
130 Autometer guages
300 for some JDM lowering springs and shocks

Just a little over 4000 but I am 100% willing to spend more....... I cant wait to get it painted and upgrade my turbo. There is just something about creating the things you want in life piece by piece and seeing it come to life after all the let downs that happen, from break parts, not checking your oil and getting a rod knock, BHG, me personally its the feeling that you get when someone asked who installed that and your response is “I did” and they don’t believe it but they do, and then it’s that since of pride you get after putting a straight ass whooping on 2007+ cars that are supposed to be "fast" in your little 80’s sports car which most are in need of paint like mine. Parts $4000, insurance $60, the pride of being the winning underdog…….. priceless!!