Arkansas Members

Moonraker

Smoked
Oct 28, 2005
Missouri
1jzdreamer said:
Hey guys, I just joined this thread, and I am still looking for a supra. I live in Fayetteville... if anyone knows of a decent MkIII supra for sale around here for cheap (maybe like a blown HG or something) letting me know would be pretty cool.

I'll keep an eye out for one up here in Springfield.

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
1jzdreamer said:
Hey guys, I just joined this thread, and I am still looking for a supra. I live in Fayetteville... if anyone knows of a decent MkIII supra for sale around here for cheap (maybe like a blown HG or something) letting me know would be pretty cool.

one of my cousin's might sell there supe to you..it a 87 NA 5spd, Grey with Greyish interior. they dont know what is exactly wrong with it but i dont think its runnin right now. the body is clean but paint is a little faded and a little damage to the passenger-side of the front bumper(at the bottom). damage is not bad though..i'll see if they want to sell it..i'll let ya know.

Moonraker

Smoked
Oct 28, 2005
Missouri
mk3_dude said:
btw, very clean supra. nice job on the custom work. how much was for your paint work?

Did it myself...Thanks. Money wise fairly expensive paint. Labor=free. lol

p441784_1.jpg

Last edited:

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
Thanks for all the response... but most of those are a little above my budget... basically im looking for a cheap 89+ shell. siggy says it all.
thanks again

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
dude AR_91SupraTurbo, pm me your # if you dont mind and sometime i come up i can check out your whip and cruise gay college.

AR_91SupraTurbo

Jan 2, 2006
Fayetteville, AR
www.facebook.com
I need opinions on what to do homies. I think I've noticed some signs of a bhg.
  1. That stupid bird cage of doom light keeps coming on about 2-3 weeks after I put more coolant in the overflow tank.
  2. I hear the "waterfall" behind the passenger seat dash but only when the car is cold and on start up after sitting awhile
  3. I check the oil often between oil changes, noticed it was a quart low. after returning back from O'riellys, opened the oil cap and noticed smoke from underneath the cap. On my last oil change I told them to check the oil for discoloration and they told me it looked fine
  4. twice I've noticed coolant coming out of the overflow tank. I don't know if this is from overfilling it or not.

What do you guys think? have it tested? Should I take it to toyota to have it fixed or my mechanic?

The car has never overheated before so I think the head is fine, well I hope. With my tax return I going to have the hg fixed. I should have it in a few weeks

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
If you have a rough (cold) start, and puffing white smoke at start up and runs like shit. then those are signs of a BHG. (2) the waterfall noise it nothing, its just air bubbles caught in your coolant lines (all supras do that). And when you do pour in more coolant, dont always pour all in the over flow tank, por directly into the radiator. Hollar at me if you need help with the HG job. # is 479-430-8073 - Mong

also, i would advise you doing a MHG job for insuarance anways. DO it when your ready, not when your unexpecting it to blow and leave you stranded.

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
Well i had rough starts, then i re-torqued the head and re-did the timing(the timing was off by 5 degrees) and now it starts up perfect and runs even stronger. but yeah i also got the water noises too..same wat mk3_dude said, its air bubbles in the system..you gotta burb it. as for the oil...ur 7m is probably burnin oil or else its leakin from somewhere..check around the engine. againa like mk3_dude said if you aint got a mhg, put one in...better safe than sorry.

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
STeps to get rid of waterfall
Drain and flush coolant system. (drain as normal, keep your petcock open and just run fresh water through it, you may need to stop the flow of water to get the thermostat to open up but slowly add water as soon as it opens or it may over-heat) After that fill it up and what no. Then change out your radiator cap.

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
Totally normal, almost every car will do it. Hot oil tends to smoke. Fix: Don't open your oil-cap while your motor is hot, dont see it smoking, feel good about it.

On my post about the waterfall... i put the radiator cap at the end, in truth it should be at the begining, its really the thing that stops it usually, just a cheap 5 dollar one from auto-zone should do.