Aristo swap - Not starting....

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Trying to wire up my aristo harness and it sucks. I have some plugs that im not sure of.

p1703664_1.jpg

p1703664_2.jpg

Thanks for the help!

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
One by the ignitor is the 02 sensor the other three i cant tell without looking at more of the harness. Give me a better shot and i can probably help...Im guessing water temp, and vsv plugs by the water neck and first turbo...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The blue is VSV. It is common to be blue for Toyota.

The water temperature sensor plugs are usually green or white and two pins for the ECU.

As Dustin said, post some more pictures showing the area.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
located on turbo side. after the water temp (those are accounted for). aristo keeps the ignitor on the passenger side.

blue = vsv , gray near ignitor = 02 sensor

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Black goes to black vsv and blue goes to blue vsv the gray i cant remember sorry...wanna say it does something with the exhaust flap but i think there only controlled by vacuum...sorry i dont have my twins anymore

p1703853_1.jpg

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
already single.

ok that makes sense, thanks gurley!!

another question will be will the car try to start without the tps or o2 being connected?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
It will start but it will definitely not run good. It might be on the rich side. Why would you want to start a motor without those plugged in?

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
i wanna check my wiring, hoping i get injector pulse and spark. Which im not getting.

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Yes my car didnt have tps until a week ago and you could not tell the difference, and the 02 will cause it to burn very lean at idle. I never had one with the stock injectors in and the mpg was great lol. AF are 17-18 at idle so dont be shocked if you miss if you dont have stock plug gap.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
lol yea i just wanna figure out why the hell im not getting spark. i'm thinking i fucked up something on the harness....just not sure what i could be.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
ok ignitor was bad, so i swapped with the one from my sc...i have spark now but still no start....i have power to coil, ecu, and injectors....continuity test to crank and cam sensor plugs was good.

any ideas? heres a video of what its doing.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Are you getting pulse at the injector? Fuel pressure indicating your pump is flowing?
Timing?
Compression?

Sounds like timing could be off or not getting fuel. Your fuel gauge said you need fuel, is that working?

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
fuel pressure yes
i used a test light to test for fuel pulse and that was good.
compression i havent done.
timing was done as usually....crank to TDC along with cam gears.

Weird thing is i sprayed some brake cleaner into manifold and it started for a second but of course it stalled out....

definitely stumped...

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
yea but according to the test light i was getting injector pulse....and my fuel pump is on.

i will check the ecu pinouts for the injectors.

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Ok, so when you put the test light to the positive battery terminal and touched the pin on the plug, when cranking, you got a pulsing on and off ground singal?

Did you check to see if you were getting twelve volts at the injectors plugs as well? You should see a constant 12V.

Do this, remove your coils and plugs, crank and see if you smell gas, not needed for long
The thing is, when testing to see if you have fuel, the easiest way is using starting fluid, but be careful, it can cause a fire, and your car did start and run but then stalled which does indicate everything is there but fuel. If you sprayed starting fluid and it did not run, it could mean spark or timing or even compression, since it did run, it is safe to assume fuel is missing. So pull the plugs and crank and see.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Yep i got voltage to the coils.
Power to the injectors plugs and i tested them just with the 2 pings on the plugs, + and -, i guess i will try your method as well.

Will keep you updated.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Cool. Next up is checking timing but you said that was done right so then you would need to check compression. Has this motor ever ran?

Did you pull codes to see if it could help?

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Never had the motor run in my presence. Cranks without any issues and there is resistance. Compression test will be next.
I dont think my diag. port is working after the wiring was done and got rid of a few things, pretty much just that big aristo plug.