Aristo Blitz ECU will not start, Need Help...

"that boy asad"

iDrive, iRide, iWork...
Feb 27, 2011
Houston, TX
I recently purchased a 2JZ-GTE Aristo Blitz Access ECU, tried it last night on my friend's car... which has an aristo swap and runs perfectly fine - we plugged in the blitz, but it wouldn't even start?!?!?! (relay did have power going to the ECU and had no check engine light)

kemicalx

BHGBTDT
Dec 12, 2005
Geelong, Vic
It goes without say, but the first thing I would be doing is testing the ECU in a working Aristo (i know that'll be tricky if you don't know anyone) Eliminating the ECU itself being faulty is a pretty logical first step. I can't see why it wouldn't run if you have a factory ECU in the conversion running fine. FYI, I swapped a Mines ECU into my 2J'd MZ20 Soarer with no issues.

It is however common for these ECUs to start having issues with leaking capacitors and what not. So yeah, I'd try testing it in another car first.

2nd logical thing to check is that all the pins are in good condition, i.e. no bent or snapped ones

"that boy asad"

iDrive, iRide, iWork...
Feb 27, 2011
Houston, TX
kemicalx;1690470 said:
Did it run in either of the cars?
Nope
89turbotoy;1690618 said:
does your car run with the factory ecu? Check the B+ on your harness be sure your getting 12v to the ecu, here is the pin out
http://www.mkiv.com/manual/manualtt/terminals_of_ecm/index.html
the ecu was getting power
jtamulis;1690952 said:
sounds like a dead ECU to me. If the cars run and you swap the ECU and they stop running....

Jeff
yeah, it sucks :(

anyone want to buy a non-working blitz access ecu?

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
[QUOTE="that boy asad";1691566]anyone want to buy a non-working blitz access ecu?[/QUOTE]

I don't wanna buy one, but if you wanna give it up I might be able to send it to an electrical engineer friend and see if it's something that can be duplicated, etc.

If, I am able to duplicate it, I'd have one made for you. *shrug* Just a thought

Jeff

"that boy asad"

iDrive, iRide, iWork...
Feb 27, 2011
Houston, TX
I have already talked to Aaron @ Driftmotion, he can't fix it but he didn't mind me sending it in for him to look at it...

jtamulis;1691616 said:
I don't wanna buy one, but if you wanna give it up I might be able to send it to an electrical engineer friend and see if it's something that can be duplicated, etc.

If, I am able to duplicate it, I'd have one made for you. *shrug* Just a thought

Jeff
That doesn't sound bad, i will give it a thought...