Aristo 2jz second turbo not working when warm?

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
just did a 2jzgte swap in an mk3, about 2 months ago I ran into this weird problem. After the car warms up the second turbo dies out. It spools just fine when its cool, but as SOON as it gets warm and it reaches around 4000rpm it feels like a non turbo car. If we let it sit and cool down, it works just fine again. Turbo doesn't smoke at all, and are no leaks. Can anyone shine some light on this situation? :1zhelp:

Mods:
stock Aristo 2jz
fmic
exhaust
at 10psi

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
any more info to provide? what makes ya think its one or the other if not both? do you have it set for true twin or factory one kicks on then the other?

also throwing it out there check the vac lines and any vsv's/switches

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
Well when i get on the throttle the first turbo works just fine, but when it gets to about 4000rpm where i believe the second turbo should kick in...theres nothing. (when warm) It's factory set. I checked the vac lines, and theres no leaks.. but i did notice a broken plug on the vsv switch, the wires are making connection but just not clipped in. Could that be the reason? but if it wasnt making good connection dont you think it wouldnt be working at all? Cause it does work when its cool.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
not much else would cause a turbo not to work without some serious smoke in the back :D