Are you afraid of thiefs?

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
Well i got some subs and an amp in my trunk. nothing special. Soon im going to have a new set up. I will have about a grand into my system and would hate to have someone jack it. With our small trunks and the way their set up whats the best way to hide them? I cant use the shade thing due to the sub box. Maybe i should just tint the back windows. Does anyone else have this fear? That someone could steal their systems? I wanna know what you do about it. thanks

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
hey i've had my two JL's in the trunk exposed and had no problem so far. i dont know about you but i have a targa roof and i cant throw it in the trunk if that sub is there. so i might build a new box in the spring to fit under that plywood where the spare tire goes.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
put them on the backseats either folded down or removed, with the rear and sides tinted, its barely visible unless you have a high contrasting sub colors....A two way alarm system is nice too

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I know this is going to sound assinine, and it shouldn't be, but don't any of you have a cargo cover? You know, the one that pulls out from the bar behind the rear seats and covers the entire cargo area? I have expensive tools in the back as well as parts needed to go on the car, and no one can tell because they look in the back and see nothing but a cover. Of course, there's no obvious bulges in the cover either, so they have NO WAY OF TELLING what's back there.

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
Drake69;1488616 said:
I know this is going to sound assinine, and it shouldn't be, but don't any of you have a cargo cover? You know, the one that pulls out from the bar behind the rear seats and covers the entire cargo area? I have expensive tools in the back as well as parts needed to go on the car, and no one can tell because they look in the back and see nothing but a cover. Of course, there's no obvious bulges in the cover either, so they have NO WAY OF TELLING what's back there.

yeah the only bad thing is the cargo cover had to be taken out due to the sub box. And if I tried to put it in the cover would just get riped or not fit

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Don't have subs in the supra, have no need for them in my mainly performance focused car, don't really care about sound in it either, been rooling with a "stolen" faceplate for awhile. Best thing was when it was stolen, the neo and avc-r was pushed in front of the heater controls and ash tray, they where taken down from there and left on my shifter boot, like I don't want this shit and took the faceplate, shit happens when you leave the doors unlocked.

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
LilMissMkIII;1488636 said:
Get the sub put into a smaller/lower box, then use the cargo cover.

Problem solved :)

yeah I thought of that. The only problem is that its hard to make a box that small. I'm going to have to make a huge box to fit two 8inch, one 12inch, and two 6X9's in it and still have room for two amps and a capacitor.

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
nick88;1488638 said:
Don't have subs in the supra, have no need for them in my mainly performance focused car, don't really care about sound in it either, been rooling with a "stolen" faceplate for awhile. Best thing was when it was stolen, the neo and avc-r was pushed in front of the heater controls and ash tray, they where taken down from there and left on my shifter boot, like I don't want this shit and took the faceplate, shit happens when you leave the doors unlocked.

haha.... yeah I have an NA so performance is not really an option. I get beat by any lightly moded kid out there. So instead I have chosen to get the loudest stereo I can, so I dont have to listen to all their smack talk.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Maybe you should get some smaller components then.

Small/low boxes are around for purchase and also very easy to make.

I personally think stereo systems are stupid and pointless. (The bigger/louder they are, the more they piss me off).

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
suprahero;1488678 said:
First thing I tried to do when reading this thread was change the title, but it wasn't in my section........:biglaugh:

yeah sorry I was typing to fast and didnt check. Then i saw it and was like aww poo.

Ice

Oct 27, 2008
Bellingham
I have an idea...this is what i PLAN to do when I get more money..let me correct myself...when i get any kind of money. But what i have going for me is I removed the backseats and I plan to mount the subs right behind the seats where the backseats used to be..it could be worth it to ya.

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
Ice;1488685 said:
I have an idea...this is what i PLAN to do when I get more money..let me correct myself...when i get any kind of money. But what i have going for me is I removed the backseats and I plan to mount the subs right behind the seats where the backseats used to be..it could be worth it to ya.

yeah that would work, but i do like the option to shove people in the back, if I have to.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Whatever option you end up with, if you want it to work, it will mean making the equipment invisible.

That said, 2x8, 1x12, and 2x6x9? WTF?

First, 6x9s suck. Get a set of 5.25inch components and put them in the stock location beside the rear seats.

Second, why the collection of subs? 2x10 will fit in the spare tire well, and produces more than enough sound. Unless of course, you are one of the guys who wants to drive around in a portable concert machine, and plans on being stone deaf before they have kids.