AR Raptor, not a supra, but my baby

Well, this is the Automotive Research Raptor, It is the car i have helped build and design all year. I know i am cheating because it isn't a supra, but i think it is special.
The info.
It is a fully carbon fiber body and chassis. With engine and everything it currently weights dry just under 1100 lbs. it will probably be 1200 with fluids. We haven't weighed it yet with fluids.
It is a mid engine D16 Honda vTech engine.
It has a Garrett turbo that boosts around 22 lbs giving about 300 hp off the crank.
The car has a drag coefficient of around .25. It is extremely aerodynamic.
So yeah, just wanted to share :)
I have spent this whole year working on this car. We are entering a Hybrid version into the Automotive X-prize next year.
We just got back from Yuri's night. We were parked between the Tesla and the Wrightspeed X1. It was a fucken blast!!!

img1254largeqz6.jpg

By viperkillertt

The Tesla and the Wrightspeed X1, But fricken sick ass cars!!!

Pictures from the night before we left.

Last edited:
turbojuiced;990774 said:
Great Scott! Is that the flux capacitor in the back? cool!
HAHA! Yeah,
We didn't have time to create a cool cover, so i printed a photo of the flux capacitor. :) It was a huge hit! We are going to be building a real looking one with leds for the final car. :) We put the ecu there because it was the simplest place and safest spot, but it does need a cool cover :)

turbojuiced;991975 said:
Dude I definitely like the pic of the atom. Those are some of the sickest cars ever!

Also how much was the cf body?
All the carbon was donated. We have 3 CF companies in the area, so we get all of their scraps. We have more carbon then we know what to do with. it is great. also all the matrix we need too. We have built 4 of these bodies so far. real world it would be around 60k in carbon work. total i think we have about 5k actually in the car, and most of that is the wheels and the pretty gauges.

turbojuiced;992751 said:
Dude thats awesome! I love the car man. I'll take 2 haha. Hey you think I can get a mkIII body made out of that? lol Ok I wont be greedy how bout a hood?
HAHA! That would be awesome, 2 issues, it is a monocoque and it is mid engine, the j and m series engines wont fit :( But damn that would be cool. we transversed the civic engine and ran cables through the center of the car to control it :) Wow, a fully carbon fiber supra would be so cool! Can you imagine 1500lb supra! :)

Also the molds costs over a quarter million dollars in the 80s. :)