Aproxx what HP will lex/550s raise fuel cut to?

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I got my albert 57 trim the other day installed it everything great, finally sticks at 7 psi like stock instead of all over the place with my last turbo, which spooled slower than the t04e somehow. (Must not be in the best shape). Anyways got a cheap manual boost controller that people have had success with to fill the time until I get a innovate SCG-1.

First day was doing fine hitting around 12 but I didn't give it a great pull. Today went full pull on a highway, seemed to get over 13+ psi and then I hit fuel cut again. Gonna fidget with the MBT to see if I can get it around 10-12.

Title question: Roughly how much HP are these making when they hit fuel cut with lex afm? Just very curious to know where I'm at.

Side question. Would it be stupid to replace the factory IC with DM front mount without changing over the piping completely? It's gonna be a PIA to get a universal pipe kit through the odd 7m same side config.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
With the stock turbo you will not see much more than 13 psi. Maybe sooner with a down pipe and 75mm straight through exhaust.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Currently I have a 57 trim t04e ct26. Open 3" DDP until I get my exhaust back on, 550s/lex mod. I hit fuel cut at ~14+ psi. At how much power roughly does the lex afm tell the ecu to cut fuel?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
i dont believe the 550/lexus afm will give you a certain "HP" cut. what it does is tricks the ecu into giving it 25% more airflow, and 25% more fuel. by doing this you are able to run more boost. every 7m engine is different even though its the same, if that makes sense.

the was i was told is that the same setup from person A could make 13 psi with the 550/lex then person B could make 15 psi with the lex/550 mod before hitting fuel cut even though their setups are identical. both making different horsepower.

what im getting at is the mod will allow you to tun more boost, not tell the ecu to fuel cut at a certain horsepower level
id recommend looking into a piggyback at least if you're looking for more power

i was making 310whp on a stock turbo at 10 psi with 550cc injectors and maft pro piggyback to give you an idea

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Okay. I mean I know it's not a set HP but air flow is proportionate to overall power, so it would still be a +- 30 hp I'd think. Yeah next step is piggy back and that's about as far as I can run my car. I have a DM IC with universal piping waiting to go in to but if I can already hit fuel cut I wonder how necessary it really is. Since 7ms run super rich I haven' tbeen super worried about a tune but I definitely would like it running smooth.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Im running 15/16 psi on a 57 trim curious to see where my hp/tq stands... at some point i'll get it on a dyno, I havent hit fuel cut yet if I even will anymore

The safc2 is doing what it can as far as tune

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Emeraldage;2055961 said:
I hit fuel cut at ~14+ psi. At how much power roughly does the lex afm tell the ecu to cut fuel?

Don't you have your answer right here? It doesn't cut based on horse power, but on Hz from the meter. If it is a replica 1UZFE meter with an adjustable screw, unwinding the screw raises the cut point because less air volume is measured.

Last edited:

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I've seen people talk about a screw on the lex but I cannot for the life of me possibly find one on mine, where other's show there's it's just a circular blocked piece of metal on mine. Doesn't seem to just be a cover either.

Edit: Ah I'm seeing people had to drill it out to get to the screw. I just didn't want touch it and leave it rich without a wideband. Is there a simple guide on turning it which way allows more/less air and a % of how much?

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
op says 310 on 10 psi with stock ct with lex/550 sounds great super healthy.
I also just got a 57 trim and put it on my car.
I was stock ct with lex and evo 560cc with dm ic kit and ddp 3inch strait pipe with all xrp -6 hose and push lock.
Stock pump with 12v mod.

I did the swap the other day changed nothing but the 57 and it pulls harder at the top of the rpm band now.
On the stock ct I was running 12 or so psi and it ran out of power at around 5k and boost would drop off.

With this 57 it just keeps pulling and pulling till red line.
I did a pull against and new 5.0 and I pulled him by a car so I would say I was at the 300 to 310 rang on stock ct.
But now more like 330 or so at the same psi. Yet to hit fuel cut.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Nice. I figured it would be around 350ish bhp. I've noticed that too, my old ct26 would have crazy torque output 3k-5k and fall off, the pressure would drop greatly at higher rpm. This new one sticks and the higher you rev th emore power it's sick. TOo excited to get my exhaust back on, mess with my controller and do some more pulls tomorrow can't sleep!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Boost is addicting! I feel like a little kid every time I drive my car and get into boost. Although I can't rod on it as much as I'd like to, it's my daily driver and needs to last as long as it can :)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Ha. I'm so tempted to waste all my money right now on buying a used blitz supercharger kit of my toyota yaris. 170hp out of a 2200lbs car LOL. Keep the exhaust quiet and stock looking. And just pull away from someone with a supercharger whine.