April 17-19 All Toyota Meet at Deals Gap TN

Toyota Meet Attendance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
I maybe'd. Depends if my engine will be ready by that time an if I have the funds in april to make a drive like that from Raliegh.

rtdtpenguin pm me if you do decide to go and we can ride out together.

Hope I can make it.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Turns out that I might not be able to make it.

I decided that I needed to get rid of my ABS control unit thing (the thing the brake lines go to) since i had the head off of the car...

...which means that I'm going to be making brake lines that may or may not be finished by the time this rolls around. We'll see.

MR2Guru

Dec 21, 2006
Asheville, NC
www.mr2guru.com
InFrnt0fU;1266841 said:
I maybe'd. Depends if my engine will be ready by that time an if I have the funds in april to make a drive like that from Raliegh.

rtdtpenguin pm me if you do decide to go and we can ride out together.

Hope I can make it.

In any case, there is probably a caravan coming from the RDU if you know anyone that you can hook up with for a ride! If nothing else, you can ride in a ton of cool cars up/down the Dragon and meet some really nice people.

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
ill try 2 make it out... my supra isnt running... me and a friend are fixing it i just got it... its being a bitch rite now :( but ill keep you posted if i can make it

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
SupraDuD3;1270076 said:
ill try 2 make it out... my supra isnt running... me and a friend are fixing it i just got it... its being a bitch rite now :( but ill keep you posted if i can make it

...what issues are you having? I live in south-knox and wouldn't mind lending a hand if you need someone experienced with supras. Pm me if you want.

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
well as i just told alloy i have bought everything(that i know of) for my supra 2 hopefully get it 2 run and know i just need the help 2 get it all in... the car has been sittin 4 5 years and it needs not alot but some work... i would love 2 show up at the rod runs with it :) and i may just rent a hotel while i am out there idk yet thanx guys

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
Wow awesome. Count me in. I may have 2 friends joining me too with a mr2 and celica. I'll try to get my car painted before this meet.

MR2Guru

Dec 21, 2006
Asheville, NC
www.mr2guru.com
Here goes the official itinerary, which we try our best to follow! (Copied from Celicatech)

Friday April 17th:

8pm: Meet, Greet, Eat.

Location: Cracker Barrel 9214 Park West Blvd. Knoxville, TN. Located just off of I-40/75 on Exit 373 (Cedar Bluff.)

Saturday April 18th:

8am: Meet and prepare for departure.

Location: Old Food City Parkinglot. This is located on Executive Park Drive, just across from the Holiday Inn Select. Just off of I-40/75 on Exit 378. Yes, just down the street from Cracker Barrel.

9am: Departure.

This puts us reaching the base of the Dragon at or around 10am. Once there, we will stop for pictures and determine running order. In the event that more cars arrive than is safe for a caravan (20+) cars will be broken into groups. This is for our convenience as well as the safety and convenience of others on the road.

10am: Run!

We will begin running the Dragon at 10am, either was a whole or in smaller groups. Hopefully we will be able to get several run in over the next few hours.

1pm: Pictures.

We will make our way to Fontana Dam for group pictures. After these pictures, we will make our way to the top of the mountain to the church for more pictures.

In these pictures I would like all cars represented and uniformly parked. This is to ensure equal exposure of all cars and attendees being visible and represented.

3pm: Cherohala Skyway.

At 2pm we will depart the church and head for the Skyway. This will be a long run, so I suggest that anyone that needs gas for the next 100 mile stretch have it. There won’t be any gas stations.

8pm(approximately): Dinner.

Location as of yet to be determined. As all the cars should be in a tight group, general consensus will determine.

Sunday April 19th:

10am: Discussion, Show and Bench Racing.

Location: Old Food City Parkinglot. This is located on Executive Park Drive, just across from the Holiday Inn Select. Just off of I-40/75 on Exit 378.

All points from here on out will be played by ear. I know some folks desire a junk yard run, some would like to head to Pigeon Forge for Go-Karts and or shopping.

2pm: Lunch/Dinner.

At some point and time after this, we will all go our merry ways.

Some folks will be in earlier, some folks will be staying later. This is only a general guideline, however, we will be trying very hard to stick to these times.

Remember your Two-Ways. I will update with our channel at the time of the event.

My name is Murg and my number is (Eight Six Five) Seven Seven Three Nine Seven Zero Eight.

MR2Guru

Dec 21, 2006
Asheville, NC
www.mr2guru.com
Here is the attendance list from ONE forum: (Celicatech)

0.grayscale
1. Murg
2. Mario
3. 92-gt
4. Vip09
5. Ciento44
6. Luni
7. gt4rcdude
8. tuner4life
9. t4l pt.2 +1?
10. METDeath + Vafalla
11. cms-gt4
12. Colossus20v
13. Nitro Alltrac
14. Donteatbugs
15. CriScO (assuming there's no massive engine explosion on the way)
16. bCaff
17. celicasilfee +1
18. Dr Tweak +1
19. Prodigy515
20. Cavanagh
21. Silentchaos+Rider
22. v3bahumut + 1
23. car + 0 (I'm planning on going)
24. grot
25. andy10889
26. VikingJZ+maybe someone. I was a go last year for 2009
27. renegadex
28. mafix plus wife (pending i don't blow up the motor)
29. hyoctane (tentative, depends on teh wifey thing)
30. brigidrose +1 (also pending on motor not being blown up)
31. cbarett251 + wifey (continuing motor trend)
32. darthripley + justjoe (depends on $$$ & whether alltrac is running good)
33. resident brother
34. lowredcruzr
35. rammerjammer7
36. Boosted Yotaman
37. zero2toy
38. vegeta4ss (maybe)
39. supracelica32
40. Trance4c
41. InitialD93 (most likely in the Z4)
42.crazydriver (watch me crash)
43. Tecker184 +1
44. MR2Guru (91 T MR2) - Western NC
45. MR2Gurl (88 165/205 swap) - Western NC
46. "The Jeep" - Western NC
47. KoreanJoey
48. Aciddice
49. KT
50. Brak
51. Kungfubar
52. geekmyride
53. burnyd

+ MR2OC

54.jeffg213 - East TN
55.Dragonflys2
56.BlitzAction
57.Jtripp06
58.Rich3sgte - Western NC
59.SnowRocker88 - GSP SC
60.freestyle
61.Shadowlife25
62. RC'sDeuce

Last edited:

pred

Jul 29, 2007
Charlotte, NC
If I get a new Gt28rs turbocharger and new oil lines installed in time I will make it. I use to own a 91' supra gte but switched over to my little mr2-spyder with a hass stage 2 kit mmmm.