Apexi Neo install

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
So my I’m going to install my neo today and just need a little help.
i already have the pin layout. I’m just a little confused on were some wires go.

this is for an 88 ecu and would like to know were to run these wires from the neo to, on our harness.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?356573-How-to-wire-MAFT-with-SAFC

1.rpm signal? do i get this from the the cam position sensor and if so which one? NE or G2?

2.throttle signal? obviously tps but again there is multiple

3. Karmen signal output and input?

thanks for the help

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
i know they they go on the harness I’m asking as in which wires.
like what for the gray wire on the safc (throttle signal). which does it splice into on the harness.
i pasted a pinout layout. so were would it go? VTA? IDL?

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
and all the safc wires are branching into the harness. I’m using splice in terms for branch sorry lol

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
If you download the PDF in that thread I suggested, I think it will answer your question. It outlines witch pin each safc wire goes to

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Yeah everything is zero out so runs like it good just havnt stepped on it since it hits fuel cut but that'll be fixed on Thursday. Hoping to get some good numbers maybe if I'm lucky to break into the 4s I'd be super happy but high 3s is what I'm expecting.

Once all tht is done time to save up to go jz :)

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
So here is an update if anyone cares haha
I was suppose to get tuned this past Thursday but the tuner had problems with his wideband. So I couldn't get the car tune. He said it can take anywhere from 3 days to 3weeks to call me back but I'm not willing to wait that long.

So I'm planing on calling church's tomorrow. If any of you have experience with this tuner in SoCal please share your experience with me. Thanks guys

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
for all you 7m people on 88 harnesses running a neo, can you guys verify me what wires from the neo you used for input and output. and to what wire you guys looped it on the main harness?0
from what i understand on the apexi website is that KS wire goes to the input (black an white wire on the neo) and the (brown and white wire from the neo) loops back into the KS wire to the ecu. Correct me if I'm wrong.

i went to get tuned today and the tunner told me that "the system is doing something but not doing it right" which doesn't make sense to me. i left with 380hp 350tq. he told me to fix the problem and come back and he can give more.

so please help a brother out guys. thanks

Last edited:

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jony89;2029551 said:
ks on the ecu is Air flow meter not knock sensor. which is what the input and output from the neo are looped into right?

KS must be Karman Signal then.

Yes. The neo takes Karman Signal input, then modifies it, and sends modified signal out to the ECU.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
DeMoN2318;2029552 said:
KS must be Karman Signal then.

Yes. The neo takes Karman Signal input, then modifies it, and sends modified signal out to the ECU.

thanks for your consistent help. I'm going to triple check my wiring and get a retune. hopefully make 400 and more torque. ill keep you updated

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
Hopefully this is a non-issue, but do you have the most updated Firmware on the Neo? I only ask because it was a known issue on the Neo and Karman Vortex cars to have all sorts of tuning problems on the older Firmware versions. You have to send it in to Apex'i to get it updated, but it fixes a bunch of problems that result from having the AFM type that the MK3 has.