APEX-i N1 Dual Exhaust

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ONfWhaawLZo

is this anybody here? I was looking into getting a dual type exhaust like this, but nobody makes one for the MKIII. also, the Apex-i website doesen't show it for the MKIII. IMHO, i think it looks and sounds good. other than being different, would there be any advantage to a dual setup like this? or should i just stick to my 3" system?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
He posted that on SF I think. It is one from a 240sx with a added section. I am going to making like that when I get a chance.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I was going to do that too since I had a buddy that had one off a S14 but he sold it. I think you can get replica ones off ebay for like $200 haha.

I think I am just going to hack up my current 3" and make a custom one

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
S2 makes similar exhausts, as well as a few companies on yahoo auctions japan. I saw one really nice one but I couldn't find it again.

Here is what I was going to do, same style mufflers except 2.5" Inlet, got them on ebay:
p932740_1.jpg

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
BorHor me as well. I originally had that planned for a 1JZ with true twin turbo, true dual exhaust... so 3" wouldn't had been quite as big of a deal. But yeah, I like the look of these style muff's. If only we had a nice S2 vendor here.
menu_05_products_muffler.jpg

topguncam3888

Jan 13, 2008
Lancaster, PA
I can't see any benefit in going dual. The exhaust is still coming down 1 pipe for 90% of the way. Looks and maybe it sounds better are the only pluses I'd think of.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
SupraOfDoom what do you think the inlet in each of the individual muffler is? 2.5"? Maybe I found my answer to make my own exhaust :)

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
BorHor, I'll measure mine tomorrow.

As for the weight, mine doesn't weigh THAT much more then a normal fart can. I never expected gains... they just look good and sound a tad diff IMO. I could easily make up for the weight else where. Besides, I'm not rocking mine unless I go for the setup I had before.. which I don't.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
the apexi-i systems seperate at the cat and keep seperate piping to the mufflers.
the ebay ones keep a single pipe and then seperate about 2" before the mufflers.

as for being unnecessary weight, i guess thats the price to pay for being different than most. since there are no more hks dual draggers, apex-i is the next best thing i guess. I like it, and i'll probably be doing a setup like that in the future.

i doubt there is a benefit on a single turbo. but my buddy told me that on a twin turbo setup, if you have seperate piping from each turbo all the way through to the muffler, the will be benefit that way.

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
I actually ask that guy and Borhor is right its a 240sx apexi twin that he custom made it fit.

I actually thought of doing that too.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Rennat;932815 said:
Can you define "fail"... i mean, its an exhaust... what can go wrong?

Seams can tear apart, cheap (thin) metal can rust through, sound absorbing material can deteriorate to the point where it no longer muffles, just resonates and sounds like shit.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Rennat;932815 said:
Can you define "fail"... i mean, its an exhaust... what can go wrong?

Canister blewout due to faulty welds. Kinda looks funny, imagine the back weld blowing out during a run...not good for the poor sob behind you. If another happens I will take a pic.