anyone using zirgo fans???

eighty-7t

chrono on SF
Apr 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
i am thinking of replacing my whole fan assembly. i heard from someone that zirgo fans are the shit. what do you guys think? is it worth getting one?

I<3Supras

Drft What do u mean drft?
Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
Never heard of them. i think u should go with Flex-a-lite i have them and they work perfectly and make the engine bay look Sweet.

I<3Supras

Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
Sorry no pics (shitty camera) They have a black box where u hook the wiring too. You have to mount it somewhere near the battery. It has a what i think is a brass wire that u put in the radiator hose which measures the temp and when it gets to a certain degrees the fans turn on and goes off once the temp lowers to a certain degree, or u can simply turn it on manually on the black box and turn it off manually afterwords.

I<3Supras

Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
heres a picture from horsepowerfreaks.com with it on a fluidyne radiator i think
p38792_1.jpg

mine is black though. You also have to buy the Multifunction control box for thermostat control meaning it measures the temp of the rad fluid and going back to what i said before. You can get them together as a package on
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/price/Toyota/Supra_86-92/performance/Cooling/Electric_Cooling_Fans

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
I use zirgo fans. Seem to work just fine. Although I didnt use their hoopty temp probe that turns on at 185 deg. seemed too hot. I used a 160 degree adjustable probe. HAYDEN is the brand, cost $50 at locat parts store. I have the 3300 cfm fan, and it pulls like crazy.

~scott

supraswole89

Mar 30, 2005
jackson,TN
i've been using the black F-A-L's (2500cfm's)for awhile now and have had no problem with overheating whatsoever. And they do add alot of looks to the engine bay.

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
I haven't heard of Zirgo fans but I'm running the dual flex-a-lite fans and I love the hell out of them. They have an adjustable box and my car never see's over 3/8 on the temp gauge. I also noticed a drop in temp a lot with my cowl hood, but thats different. Flexs will cost you a pretty penny but sometimes I see them go for around $100-200 on Ebay. Stores will cost you around $350-450. Good luck electric is the way to go. Later-T

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
If you wire constant voltage to your electric fans, we have a built in temp ground switch used for the A/C fans built into the water neck. Just route fused power to the fans, and ground them at the temp switch, and they'll come on all by themselves at 160 deg or so. It makes for a much cleaner install IMO.

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
I ran Ford Contour dual fans and a SPAL PWM controller (varies fan speed based on temp - can control 1 or 2 fans). Was a good combo with the stock rad - but its a bit too thick with a Koyo. still debating what to use there.

But for a fan controller, look into the SPAL. its ~$75 from speedway motors (cheapest I was able to find it).