Anyone seen this turbo before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Its cheaper it must spool faster! seriously dude are you going to trust a turbo less than $200? I also assume you haven't taken into consideration supporting modification...

Don't be a cheap MK3 owner!

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
I wonder how long that turbo would last before blowing up into a million pieces and ruin the engine? I wonder if its even been balanced?

100 miles? 200 miles?

neverbeencaught

Jan 1, 2009
athens, tn
www.myspace.com
Yes I have thought of the supporting modifications. I just randomly came across it while I was looking on Ebay,lol. I'm not actually going to buy it, just wondering. I do want a faster spooling turbo though. I would like one that starts spooling around 2300 to 2800. Any ideas?

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
To answer your question, this as a fairly large turbine housing, spool time will be increased.

The best spool time for our cars our the stock Ct-26's

If you want more power with good spool stick with CT2657, 57trim T4, or 60-1 T4

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
bmk3;1248650 said:
is this for ur 7M? dont even try cheapin out plz. and i would try a gt35 or bigger

How can you tell him to not cheap out when you cheaped out on spell check? Why would he want or need a GT35? He is looking for quicker spool, read the post! or take that shit back to SupraForums.

The CT is the fastest spooling turbo you can get without downsizing, what you have now is the best your going to get for spool, and if you want more power out of a different (and bigger) turbo, your gonna have to sacrifice some spool.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Any of the GT30r's are going to flow more and spool sooner than a CT... :nono: (assuming cost isn't a factor)

For that matter a 3540r with a tight AR turbine housing will spool sooner and still make more power even if it chokes the top end.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Buy a Boss turbo or JT turbo. These turbo's bolt right up to the manifold and are great! They spool fast and pull to redline. You can get 500rwhp with a good motor.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It's an industrial turbo (like most of the cheap ones you see). They work FINE usually, but they're not of a modern design, and usually are designed for diesel applications (hence the huge exhaust housing).

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
neverbeencaught;1248669 said:
I wasn't. I was actually looking for Interior pieces for my car and while browsing saw it and was curious. I REPEAT. I HAVE NO INTENTION OF BUYING THIS TURBO. IT WAS A QUESTION.

Well then,

what is the point of this thread then??

Dead thread.......

elevated.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.