Anyone see a problem with mounting,...

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I have Aeromotive regulator that I'm mounting on the block where the "J" tube used to be. I called Aeromotive tech support and they said it would be "o.K" to mount it there and heat wouldn't be an issue. Since there's fuel lines there any way. But, they also said the closer to the fuel rail the better. (for a better gauge reading) I figure "whats" another eight more inches of hose. Since you still need a foot or more to mount it on the fender.
I put it there is because, the return, vaacum, and inlet line is all right there, and I don't have buy extra hose's and lines, I don't have lines, hose's every where and is much cleaner look.
I've had smog tech's see one racy part the next thing their looking all over the place so, I'm being low key as possible. Not that a bright "red" regulator is low key. The block off plate for the N/A engine fits perfect.
P.S I'm gonna put a layer of "rufasill" (heat resistant cloth) on the back of the mounting plate.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Poodles;1175607 said:
gonna make adjusting it a pain...

No, the adjusting screw is very reachable not as easy but it's doable,

I'm thinking that it's gonna be set and forget it, I'm I wrong??
I can still see it pretty good from the top

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
aye mate;1175687 said:
I guess it wouldn't be bad. Vibrations might be an issue?

well,.. maybe,.. liquid filled motor mounts though, probaly not any worse than on the fender, In time , I'll find out though, you may be right.