Anyone Running CXRacing 1JZ Intercooler

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
This is the same one that Grimsta (Zankoku Performance) sells here in the vendor section. It comes with a mounting bracket and it is supposed to fit without any cutting or modification to front supports or brackets. I am not getting the pipes or BOV. I am just getting the intercooler and mounting bracket.

If anyone has it and/or actual pics of it installed on your car, I would greatly appreciate it. The intercooler I currently have will require some cutting and modification so I have decided not to use it. My other option is the Greddy/Trust IC but it is a lot more at $730. I know the Greddy is better but I don't know if it is "that" much better.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
I'm running the CXRacing 31x24x3 intercooler and it works great. not sure that helps much though cuz I had to cut and weld the bumper to get rid of that funny lip on the back side.

p.s. sorry for the crappy pic it was on my phone

Attachments

• 0524090044a.jpg
    0524090044a.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 47

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
i dont think it matters if your intercooler is name brand or not...lots of people rock no name intercoolers...including myself..they all do the same job

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I would have to disagree with you on that. I bought an ETS unit that is being made custom to fit the MK3 with a JZ swap. There are pics in that thread if you want to see the core difference.

Last edited: