Anyone running a HKS FMIC on their 7M's?

Caplax40

Grand Tourer
Feb 12, 2006
Boise, ID
ovenrude said:
HKS unit is beautiful but too costly for what I would want to do. I would probally go with the horsepower freaks option.

That doesn't appear to be an option anymore.

Is the HKS the only kit that's made to fit our cars? I want something as close to stock as possible so I don't have to relocate a bunch of crap.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
ViR2 said:
yes it would work ;)
If those pipes arent made of aluminum then I dont see no problems welding a flange onto them ;)

i meant the BOV kit because i dont have anyone near me that can weld

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
i noticed a decent gain from mine. last summer it would get down around 50-60 degrees at night and then warm up to about 70-80 during the day. when it was night time with the stock intercooler, i could feel the diffrence in temprature. when i installed the HKS unit it felt like it had the same power during the 50-60 degree night during the 70-80 degree day. but i only have the intercooler, didnt get the pipes so i made them custom.

it works ok but i want to replace it with a ebay side to side thats bigger. the HKS unit is only about 2-2.25 inch thick and the core is about the same size. like it was said the benifit is the better design not the size of the core.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Caplax40 said:
That doesn't appear to be an option anymore.

Is the HKS the only kit that's made to fit our cars? I want something as close to stock as possible so I don't have to relocate a bunch of crap.

There are a few kits made to fit the 7MGTE. Offhand I can think of HKS, GReddy, and Cartech/AMS.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
ovenrude said:
dude you're in houston and you don't think there is anyone near you that can weld? haha
as sad as it sounds yes hahaha i dont know many shops so im at a loss. Hopefully some supra owners in houston can point me in the right direction :1zhelp:

Supraluva

Apr 24, 2006
NJ
I'm thinking of going 1jz. I might be selling my full HKS intercooler setup that bishop92t posted with a Greddy Type R/S flange. Send me a PM if possibly interested.

RS713

Jul 18, 2012
Guam
Hi, sorry to bump an old thread, but I recently purchased a 2nd hand HKS intercooler as pictured on the first page of this post. I was wondering if someone who is running this intercooler can take a picture of where they mounted the intercooler to. I have pipes ran, and ready to go, just can't figure out where to bolt them to. Thank you in advance.

Ray

RS713

Jul 18, 2012
Guam
When you mount it do you have to relocate oil cooler and/or radiator reservoir? The space for the pipes is almost non existent. Unless I have it upside down...