anyone recommend HoseTechniques?

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
I purchased a blue kit also. I'm not sure if its the same as smokey. Mine was a generic kit. It had hoses that the car never uses. Actually, I bought two kits because I didn't know if one would be enough. (I believe it was enough.)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i got the complete kit fo my car in black

kits just has rolls of different sized vacume line that you cut yourself, they provide plenty of extra tubing i still have several feet of hose left. it replaces all the hosing for the windshield washer sprayers, overflow, all engine vacume areas. and comes with a bag of zipties, wedge cutter, and cigar style hose cutter.

+1 i got more hose than i needed and looks clean too, just hard to keep clean cus its kinda got that silicone stickyness.

smokey

Jan 15, 2006
Melbourne Australia
yeah its not the specific hoses, its just rolls of different diameters which you cut to length yourself

iojd4o.jpg

you can see a couple of the blue hoses in this picture along the plenumn and around behind the block
and like american jebus you can replace windscreen washer hoses and such :)

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
I purchased a kit for a non-turbo through Supra Store in the yellow and it looks good and was definately needed. I'll be getting a blue kit for my turbo soon. I also give a plus one. I have an open picture of my engine bay from a distance posted in Jeff's color code post.

Brian

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I, personally, would use HighTempSilicone because they are a vendor here, and support the MK3 crowd. Their silicone hoses are top notch and I will not use any other. (except maybe samco)

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
enginelarge.jpg

I went with different colors for different hoses. Sort of a color coding system. :) I love the HoseTechniques hose. It is WAY better than the Purosil hoses. I've never seen any HighTempSilicone hoses so I can't make a direct comparison there.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
hold on here. i found me a problem. the hoses that go from the accordian pipe to the stock BPV and the hoses to that pipe under the 3000 pipe...they don't come in the package??? ugh, crap thats what mostly need replacing...where can i get these hoses? just some auto store?