Anyone know where I can get the board harness for an SAFC II?

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
I recently purchased an SAFC II and a yellow plug harness extension used. I was aware that the patch harness had some cut wires, and when I got it I decided I was going to completely rebuild it. Looking into the cost of getting wire, pins, heat shrink, etc. I decided to contact Boomslang and get a custom plug and play harness, only cost $150 shipped. I got it, and it has a large black plug that doesn't match anything on the SAFC as it only had a white plug in the board. I contacted Boomslang thinking it was the wrong harness and they told me to ship it back and they would get me a correct harness. When I called them today to follow up with the exchange, I learned that there should have been a black connector on the harness that came out of the board. No problem, I'll just order the main board harness from Apex, right? Wrong, they no longer make it. So now I have a $150 PnP harness and an Apex just laying around being useless. I need to know if anybody knows where I can get a harness that attaches to the main board for an Apex SAFC II. Thank you for your help. I've already searched Ebay and our classifieds. Also, if you have an Apex SAFC II that was fried but still has a good harness, let me know. This is one of the last things keeping me from driving the car.
-AM3

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
you could just use another plug with the same amount of pins and wire it in to save from spending more money.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
kotu100;1832047 said:
you could just use another plug with the same amount of pins and wire it in to save from spending more money.
That's probably what I'll have to do, but I hate having to cut and wire a new plug onto a brand new harness, so I want to keep my options open.
-AM3

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
mstgeer;1832057 said:
Try allelectronics.com. They had the 9pin connector I needed to match the HKS VPC.
Thanks for the link. I looked through there, but didn't see anything that works. This is looking like its going to be a PITA...
-AM3