Anyone know where I can get a new overdrive buttion?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Possibly Toyota but they'e been deleting parts from stock like a mad man recently so maybe not unless a dealer has one on the shelf..

What's wrong with yours?

They're a fairly simple switch that while a bit fiddly can be pulled aparts cleaned and reassembled.
(did mine just before Christmas)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
DOH.....

Someone might have an old junk shifter they can pull one out of for you....

Have a local pickApart nearby?

Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same in a few different cars ie: Cressida's
(my shift is half a Cressy one)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, that t-handle looks like the same one they used on all their cars during that time. Not to mention you could probably find a used one with so many people that go from auto to manual.

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
Yea I got a spare one as well that when I rebuild my tranny I was going to put it in as it looks newer than the one I got in my car. It should be easy to swap out. Forced Torque has lots of spare parts LOL

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Question: My Overdrive has stopped working, i.e. - when I hit the button on the shifter, the O/D OFF light never comes on, and again when I depress the button, meaning I can't even tell if overdrive is even working now. I DID get the overdrive light to flash when checking tranny codes, and thankfully it continuously blinked clear. If my button has gone bad, what will I need to do once I take the shifter out?

General info if anyone needs it: 1988 Turbo, 3.91 LSD Automatic

Red

Jan 9, 2011
Did you ever solve your OD light ptoblems? I have the same thing. I know it is not going into OD @60 when I hit the switch for the Tach does not drop!

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

I have same problem. I know it Does not go into OD because RPMs dont drop when switch is engaded.
Did you ever solve your problem or did anyone else?