Anyone Know this Plug?

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Well I moved the dash over from the 89 to the 92. I put the 92 dash harness on the 89 pad so everything would line up. I have one connector that I cannot find it's home. It hangs dead center of the glove box from the top of the dash pad. I cannot find anything that this terminates to. Before I seated the dash, I made sure nothing was tucked in behind the a/c box. I know its it the right spot because there are other connectors that plug into stuff that have short wires. This is a 92 NA auto dash harness.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
That is the 92 harness in the 92 car. I just used my grey dash pad out of my 89. But I did go back and look and the 89 does not have that plug. The airbag controller is under the console. That is another item that has to be modified since the consoles are different betwenn the 89 and 90 up.

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
IJ.;941462 said:
Doesn't airbag stuff usually have Yellow tape though?

Yeah, it all wrapped in yellow. I did an airbag delete with a momo wheel and wish I could remove it all but some of the airbag harness is wrapped in the main harness body harness along the inside of the firewalll.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
csnow - any issues when removing the steering wheel? im going to be putting my momo wheel on soon, and was wondering if the ECU threw any shit at you because you delete the airbag.

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I am not on a MK3 ECU, I am on a MKIV harness and ECU. The systems are seperate but you will need to remove the bulb from the cluster because the ABS light will come on if you delete the airbag.