Anyone know of any...

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
... UK based JDM engine suppliers?

I'm trying to source a 1JZ-GTE for my impending swap of doom, along with the ECU and loom.

Anyone know where i can get one from without having to go through the US?

Cheers and TIA

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Manual ideally, but it doesnt matter if its an Auto without a flywheel and box - cause i can get the flywheel from driftmotion and a box from other sources.

If a 1JZ isn't do-able, then a 7M-GTE would be a good stop gap measure, although no box would be needed, just engine w/ancillaries, loom & ECU.

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
i have a good loom and ecu for a 7m here ready to ship so on that front only an engine would then be required so would be the far easier and cheaper option but i would suggest having an r154 box if you have a w58 as r154 will take the power better i also have a r154 ready to ship

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Planning on sticking with the W58 if i'm going GTE, less hassle that way ;)

Not planning on making more than 300bhp on the GTE. 1JZ is the ultimate goal, although that may have to wait.

How much you want for the Loom and ECU for the GTE?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Engine budget - £1000

For 1JZ - just the engine on its own, no transmission needed. although turbo's, loon & ancillaries would be preferred, the rest i can order from driftmotion.

If 7M - then just need the engine & turbo assembly and obviously your loom - no transmission needed, or alternator.