Anyone know any good radiator

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
I had a PWR and loved it. The only reason that I no longer have one is that I damaged it and decided to go a bit cheaper and get a Mishimoto. Now I'm battling fitment problems (there's a thread discussing it and Mishi is currently redesigning it). The PWR's are more expensive but if you can part with the money they are well worth it IMO. I don't have any experience with the Godspeed brand.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Iirc i think the godspeeds didnt fit and you have to make custom mounts.

Pwr
koyo
mishimoto
fluidyne

ABNPayne

Jul 18, 2010
Macon, GA
I am happy with my purchase from Grimsta @ Zankoku Performance. Shipping was a little slow, about a week, due to being Parcel Post from CA to GA, but it was worth it to do biz with a specialty and nice because it was INCLUDED in the $280!!
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?61543-Zankoku-Performance

MKIII Supra radiator + fan shroud kit (1JZ compatible!)- $280 (shroud & fans by itself $100)
Radiator:
- Overall Size: 26"x18.25"x3"
- Core Size: 25"x15"x2.25"
- 1.38" Inlet & Outlet

High Power Slim 12" Radiator Fan: - Size: 12"
- Thickness (Motor Height): 2.5"
- Air Flow Rate: >1130 CBM/Hr
- Speed: 2100 RPM
- Power: 12VDC, 40W

iDriftYou

Oct 10, 2010
SoCal/805
I have a Mizu aluminum radiator, it keeps my car nice and cool. Plus, it has a lifetime warranty. It's also a lot bigger than the oem radiator, the mizu takes almost 2 gallons of fluid alone.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
If you're getting a PWR radiator, you'll only be able to keep the stock fan if you stay 7m. Going 1j (and possibly 2j, I don't know of anyone who runs a PWR and a 2j) will cause some space issues unfortunately, so electric fans are your only option. :(

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
I've read that the stock fan pulls more air than electric, provided that your fan clutch is in good shape. With that said, I've read a number of folks who are happy with their electrics. I think it depends on what you want more: electrics give you more room and takes some load off the engine whereas the stock pulls more air but puts some load on the engine and takes up more space. I had the PWR with stock fan and never had a problem both in cooling efficiency or fitment.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
im keeping the 7m, but which is better the stock fan or electric fans?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

ok, i cant find how much the pwr radiators are besides ebay, and is it hard to put electric fans on the pwr?

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
You will find most here will say "storck" fans work better - flow more and fewer problems. If you search it you will find have been many debates over this subject here.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Personally I would stick with a mechanical fan if I had the space. That said, i haven't had any problems with my electric fan setup, even running the thing hard through canyons (in boost most of the way for ~8 minutes), the car only got up to around 215, 220*. Not hard to make a shroud for the electric fan if need be, but you don't need to worry about a mechanical fan taking too much power off your engine though. 3hp, you're NOT going to miss.

I got my PWR from horsepowerfreaks.com. They're pricey, but a very well made radiator. :)