anyone interested in cnc'd billet parts? (valve covers, block off plates,coil covers)

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
hey, im throwing around teh idea of full cnc'd billet valve covers block off plates, or coil pack covers or any other parts?
Reason im asking is that i have the resources and machines to do this, I work at a high precision machine shop and wanna start making parts that people actually want.
Now im just throwing ideas out there but if any one has ideas on stuff they would like im open to anything. Now would you guys pay for stuff like this?

thanks corey

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Eh, stuff might look nice and all, but speaking only for myself, I'd rather spend the money on making a better car, not necessarily a prettier car.

That said, I'm sure there's a small market for this. Enough for you to invest your time in it? See IJ's post above...

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I can think of a few things I would like to see/buy....

EGR block off plates for the 1UZ-FE
1UZ or 7M Alternator adapter/bracket in the AC compressors' place with built in tensioner for the 1UZ-FE
Belt tensioner delete for the 1UZ-FE
Mechanical/hydro fan delete for the 1UZ-FE

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
For me, having a clean and reliable car is all i care about. these cars are very demanding, i just dont have time for accessories.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
mjsn1;1807477 said:
For me, having a clean and reliable car is all i care about. these cars are very demanding, i just dont have time for accessories.

Just because it's CNCd doesn't mean it's polished/accessory. Many parts are CNCd to be a high quality part. I'd rather trust a CNCd fuel rail, bracket, or anything of the sort- than a stock part.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
ifyouaint1sturlast;1807162 said:
Make stuff for the JZ community.

Chambers;1807316 said:
I can think of a few things I would like to see/buy....

EGR block off plates for the 1UZ-FE
1UZ or 7M Alternator adapter/bracket in the AC compressors' place with built in tensioner for the 1UZ-FE
Belt tensioner delete for the 1UZ-FE
Mechanical/hydro fan delete for the 1UZ-FE
There are intrinsic problems with this as a strategy. The market for JZ / UZ parts *here* is very small. So small, you would never recoup your development costs. If you could appeal to their home market, you might have a chance... unfortunately, the JZ home market is SupraForums, and advertising there is prohibitively expensive. I have no idea where the home market for the UZ engines gathers - for all I know, it doesn't exist.

The only way to succeed when it comes to custom manufactured MkIII Supra parts, in my not so humble opinion, is to make something that appeals to the largest market. Ask Randy what makes him more money, downpipes for the 7M or engine mounts for the JZ.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I must say that the overall amount of mk3 owners willing to spend to make their cars pleasing in both the performance and aesthetics department is rather low.. In truth, I've come to rather dislike the majority of mk3 owners I meet. Often times their cars will be half-assed, have mismatched body panels, a motor that's held together with chewing gum and paper clips, and/or all of the above.

IMO, if you are going to own a Supra, pay it the respect it deserves by putting as much time, effort, and money as possible into it or don't own it. Generalizations usually aren't too cool, especially if it's BS, but it all holds some water from my perspective.

Are there exceptions to the rule? Indeed, and I am thankful for that.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
This makes sense.

I wrote my only blog after I got PMs from people who wanted my part for a low ball price and wanted me to cover fees and shipping costs as well.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Its just like the saying, you wanna play, you gotta pay .. Most mk3 owners are young people just getting into cars so its sad really lol that the reason for the bhg stories too lol