Anyone heard of UGP Racing solid billet aluminum motor mounts?

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Are your old motor mounts broken?
I personally wouldn't put solids on any car that is a normal street driver. The rubber mounts help the car absorb the vibrations from the engine. My 1972 mercedes 4.5 engine even has little shock absorbers to assist the rubber motor mounts so they absorb less of a shock which helps them last longer.
Solid mounts will mean you will feel the engine vibrations in the whole car. I beleive they only enhance driveline alignment which is desired in a racing environment but then your not really worried too much about a little vibration when your thrashing your ride.
The other thing to consider is that your attatch points on the subframe are going to start getting a lot more stress than they were designed for and might start cracking in the long run then you will have a more costly repair.
You can allways go to the local pick and pulls in the bay area, get a set of motor mounts from a Supra for probably less than 20 dollars for the pair plus 1.50 admission if its just a matter of money. Try not to strip the cars though as Im going to be in the area in december while on vacation and I want to bring back some parts in my suitcase whehe.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
And for some counterpoint...

I use solid engine mounts and I absolutely love them. They transfer enough vibration to the cabin to let you know you're not driving a luxury cruiser, but a performance car. The points listed in the eBay add are valid, any high power car will tear through the stock units in short order.

And a bit more counterpoint... I wouldn't pay $90 USD for them, I had a local machinist make them up for me and the cost was much lower. I have dimensions posted on here somewhere as well, so you can snag the dimensions, scoot down to any machinist, and have a set cut to order. They are SUPER simple to make.

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
GrimJack said:
And for some counterpoint...

I use solid engine mounts and I absolutely love them. They transfer enough vibration to the cabin to let you know you're not driving a luxury cruiser, but a performance car. The points listed in the eBay add are valid, any high power car will tear through the stock units in short order.

And a bit more counterpoint... I wouldn't pay $90 USD for them, I had a local machinist make them up for me and the cost was much lower. I have dimensions posted on here somewhere as well, so you can snag the dimensions, scoot down to any machinist, and have a set cut to order. They are SUPER simple to make.
Link please.
Thanks Jet

Dragk913

Broke Supra Owner
Dec 26, 2006
South Houston, Texas
www.myspace.com
1jzneil said:
i know him personally and he only pays about 15 bucks to make them in his garage...and they dont fit right . he used to be a great guy and now he is super shady ...

hehe. thanks for the info man. I bought his but then he stopped replying to my emails and I opened a dispute over paypal and got my money back. He acted like a douche when I got upset from his lack of reply.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
I took a set of my old mounts and welded two pieces to them on the sides to make them solid. Worked great for little money. Liked the feel as Grimjack says, but its not a mod you want to do to a DD. I replaced them with the stock ones.