Anyone have a pic of how the hatch release cables run across the back?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Just finished putting in the middle section of the 3 piece brake lights and can't figure out exactly how the hatch release cables run. There are two that come in off the middle light section and one coming from the front of the vehicle.

HEDORAH

awwww fuck
Oct 3, 2010
Fort Lewis, WA
sm_photo_missing.jpg

This what you're lookin for?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
^
Thanks. It is. However, my setup appears to be different. The cable that runs from the front of the cabin is a good 12 inches shorter than the one you show. Also, there a two cables coming in from the third tail light, not one like shown. One has a ball at the end and fits the same way yours does. However, the other cable is fairly long and has a square at the end that appears to be for the cable running form the front of the car to fit into. I'm utterly confused.

My car is a 90T btw.

I'll need to post some pics next week if someone can't shed some light on this mystery.

joliroger4

Flying Dutchman Pilot
Apr 4, 2005
New Jersey
www.geocities.com
Early models were different from late models. The online EPC I believe has an exploded diagram of each. The late model had a bad habit of failing, luckily, if you can buy an early model cable used, you can install that system in your late model supra. Toyota discontinued the early model cable needed for the fix.

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
a6cd881c-5861-9cac.jpg

From my 89T. Mine is shaved as hell out back, but you should be able to get the idea, and either cable stop should work for either cable. Protip: put the spring in before the cable. Makes it worlds easier.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Mine looks nothing like those. Weird. I'll try to stop by the garage tomorrow to snap a pic. I need to get my shit done by Friday anyways.