Anyone dealt with this buyer?

7mgt-66e

Jul 14, 2007
san pedro, ca
I had a set of wheels on craigslist and got a reply. I've given him my number and told him to call me. However, he sent me a email pretty much the same as one I saw either here or supraforums. If anyone recognizes this is, can you point me to the other member that had this email. I sense there is something fishy here. I was only asking for $550, and he sent me a check for $3,650. I'm trying to figure out what's going on here.

Hello,Thanks so much for the info.But I must confirm to you thatI really have a keep interest in buying the item,so do not sell theitem to another buyer....i will want you to remove the add frominternet website to avoid disturbances.i will like you to let you knowthat the payment would be sent via UPS next day Courier Service and I also wishto inform again that shipping cost will be added to cost of the item.iwould be sending a payment worth of $3650 to cover the shipmentof the items bought,So immediately you get the payment cashed thenremove your money for the item and send the reaming funds to myshipper Via Western Union or Money Gram money transfer...you will sendthe remaining amount after the deduction of your own amount for theitems and all transfer charges should be deducted from the rest fundsyou are going to sent to my shipper.My shipper is also picking some ofother items at the same city of yours,that is why you need to transferthe amount to my shipper.I will like you to remove $100 for runingaround that I have caused you during the transaction period.Please letme know if i can trust you on this so we can move forward fromhere,???All the shippers information will be forwarded to youimmediately you receive the payment ... be expecting the payment indue course.i would really appreciate if you can also keep other buyeroff,Thanks for your anticipated cooperation and understanding.Warm Regards

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
jesus... have you been living in a hole? they send you a check for a crazy amount. and then tell you to send the rest of it back to them. then the bank finds out its a fake check and your out your own money because the bank wants to get paid.

and normally this is all done with people out of the US, so there not under US laws...

this is even ON craigslist.com
http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

7mgt-66e

Jul 14, 2007
san pedro, ca
Thought it was. And yes, I live in a hole, a very dark one lol.
The return address is "Shawn Brittany 13293 Stott RD. Bailey, NC 27807"

The bank info on the check is "Scurlock Industries of Fayetteville, INC. PO Box 1082 3725 South McCollum Ave. Fayetteville, AZ 72702"

Is there anyone I can report this to?

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
I dont know how people even consider these things. Just the poor english, the fake sounding names and addresses(esp the bank, wtf is that?), and the huge checks dont set off some sort of mental alarm. Or when cars are for sale...like a 2005 honda civic in mint condition with low miles for 1800...and they saw western union only and well ship the item too you along with the title...yay!